The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#12485 - 02/01/06 09:44 PM It never ends
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Hello everyone!
I haven't been around for awhile due to afew reasons....personal funk state of mind mostly!!!
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse...my mom fell out of bed & broke her hip!!!!
She is scheduled for surgery today. I just got back from signing the consent forms--and will go back tonight. She was zonked out of morphine & sleeping.
I will speak to the surgeon tomorrow--if he doesn't call today. I have no idea what the recovery is going to entail.......here's hoping for the best....but expecting the worst!!! If mom has to go to a nursing facility, I am going to contact the one she has already been at. I am willing to pay to hold a bed for her if needed!!!
We'll deal with that when the time comes.
My brother is going to come out when I tell him to get here!!! We're waiting to see how everything plays out--my husband is on vacation next week.....so we will have him to help me mentally! I may wait to have my brother come out when mom comes home from the hospital. Time will tell!!!
Just needed to vent......check in......and try to relax!!!! At least I know the hospital mom is at is decent---it's the best she's been at yet!!!\
And they valet park....no worries there about NO PARKING AVAILABLE!!! How come hospitals never have enough parking?!!!!!

#12486 - 02/01/06 10:42 PM Re: It never ends
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Kay...sorry to hear about your mom's fall and hip.
Hope you find some time to rest and rejuvenate your body and mind.
One step at a time, sounds like your headed in the right direction with your planning.
Prayers sent to you both.

#12487 - 02/01/06 10:54 PM Re: It never ends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kay, sorry to hear about your mom. Make sure they get her up and moving. Immobility is the worse thing for her after her surgery. Sneding warm thoughts and prayers your way. Check your PM's.

#12488 - 02/01/06 10:56 PM Re: It never ends
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Kay,

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's broken hip. We went through this surgery with my dad, and it wasn't easy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

#12489 - 02/02/06 01:00 AM Re: It never ends
KAY B Offline

I've already made a call to the nursing home we want my mom to go to for aftercare. The man in charge is going to the hospital tomorrow to speak with social services & make arrangements. WE TOOK THIS MATTER INTO OUR OWN HANDS BECAUSE I WASN'T
SETTLING FOR ANY OTHER PLACEMENT FOR MY MOM!!!

Thanks for everyone's kind words!!!
Will be checking in again!!!

#12490 - 02/02/06 02:05 AM Re: It never ends
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Good for you...you've got a plan and sticking to it. Sounds as if, it's coming off without a hitch.

#12491 - 02/02/06 03:02 AM Re: It never ends
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Kay B, you and your mom will be remembered in many of our prayers tonight. I hope all goes well for her and lady, I like your style!!!

#12492 - 02/02/06 03:34 AM Re: It never ends
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Kay, so sorry to hear this. It is more stressful taking care of parents than kids. There's a sadness to it that adds to the stress. Please take care of yourself!

I agree with your confusion about not having enough parking at ANY hospital! Good that you're keeping your sense of humor.

#12493 - 02/03/06 02:27 AM Re: It never ends
KAY B Offline

I "heard" my mom has a secured bed at our first choice...will call tomorrow to verify. The SW had to speak in code when someone walked into the room!!!
I saw another center today & it's on the list. Very nice!!! I have to choose 3 centers & they send her to the first available bed. The center I saw today said they'd have one next week too--it just freaks me out because I always worry about nothing......and I'm a walking poster child for Murphy's Law!!!

MOM IS OK BY THE WAY!!!!! HAD THE LESSER OF THE TWO EVILS DONE.....AND IS ALREADY BEING GIVEN THERAPY. She only sat at the edge of the bed today--and tomorrow they will pursue further. OF COURSE THE THERAPIST WAS YOUNG AND ADORIBLE!! [Smile]

#12494 - 02/03/06 06:30 AM Re: It never ends
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Kay,

That is such good news about your Mom!

I think we all worry about things that turn out to be nothing sometimes. No need to apologize for that. Better to plan ahead and be prepared the way you did than to wait for Murphy's Law. It likes to catch up with me, too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved