The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#158758 - 09/04/08 07:59 PM MRSA
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone know someone whose had this? If so, do you know what antibiotics they were prescribed to get rid of it?

#158761 - 09/04/08 08:26 PM Re: MRSA [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I don't know anyone personally but, asked my daughter who said that it actually depends on the patient's background e.g previous courses of antibiotics taken, etc. and, it is usually trying to find which particular antibiotic works. Vancomycin and Teicoplanin are two of those she mentioned. There must be a counterpart in the States. How is your friend's child doing? Praying all be well.

#158789 - 09/05/08 01:57 AM Re: MRSA [Re: Lola]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Yes, I knew a young man. A decent young man, just doing his job in San Diego California. A handsome, clean living, Mormon devoted, family devoted, smart, civil, courteous, caring young man. However, he had diabetes which compromised his immune system, thus being totally unable to fight the disease.

#158919 - 09/06/08 08:19 AM Re: MRSA [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
My dad had it the last time he was in a hospital. He was placed under quarantine. Word was he got it from his catheterization... and I believe it, but won't go into that. He was on three sets of antibiotics. He was on Vancomycin first, the recommended treatment for the 'superbug' (as I was told), which is widespread in hospital settings these days... and if I remember correctly, two others after, when it didn't do the trick. One of the antibiotics that he was on (w/drip line) was so potent, it made him gravely ill - but the infection was in his bloodstream and they had to treat it aggressively. I remember he had rashes, boils really, under his arms. But, he DID overcome it.

#158990 - 09/07/08 12:28 AM Re: MRSA [Re: gims]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Gims and Princess,

No question is a dump question "Right" So, what is MRSA and is it catching ? Please explain. I have been reading this post and going to other health sites and can't find it . Please girls bring me up to date on this .

Best ,

Renee

#158991 - 09/07/08 12:32 AM Re: MRSA [Re: Sadie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Renee, it was explained in the prayer thread as a systemic infection. It is also called the flesh-eating disease. I know very little about it, other than it can cause death, especially in someone who has a compromised immune system, ie. very young, very old, chronic disease like diabetes. I do not think it is catching. I do think that if the patient has a visitor, the visitor has to be gowned and gloved and masked. It is very serious. L

#158992 - 09/07/08 12:36 AM Re: MRSA [Re: Princess Lenora]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, now I have heard of this Systemic infection . Isn't this where if you get a cut on your skin and if you don't take care of it right away you can get this sytemic infection or is this something else ? Humm..

Thanks Princess so much .

Renee

#158997 - 09/07/08 01:21 AM Re: MRSA [Re: Sadie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Renee, I don't know that much. All I know are experiences from my family. For example, my grandmother had a mastectomy. She was confined to the hospital for 2 long weeks not because of the surgery, but because of a staph infection that went into her bloodstream via the IV in her hand. And you are most welcome to my limited knowledge. Is there a doctor in the house? L

#159000 - 09/07/08 02:12 AM Re: MRSA [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I don't know much about MRSA, but I do know how dangerous these hospital superbugs are. They were a frightening reality for cancer patients when Gary was hospitalized. There's no doubt in my mind that his immune system was further compromised by a "C-difficil" infection going around the ward at the time.

(Maya Angelou)

#159015 - 09/07/08 05:40 AM Re: MRSA [Re: Eagle Heart]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
It is very contagious... it's caused by a bacteria.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved