The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#134972 - 12/16/07 04:17 AM Laryngitis today
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Loc: Nebraska
Hi ladies,

This isn't a serious problem, but an annoying one that is keeping me from work. And I can't afford to miss any.

My question is 2-part.

1. I have a cold that turned into laryngitis. I can't even whisper. Therefore, I have to miss work as my job requires me to talk all day. So my question is what do you do for laryngitis? Don't tell me to run to the store because my car is snowed in and I don't feel like scooping it out.

2. Do you have acid reflux? If so, what do you do for it?I also have erosive esophagitis (EE). Taking the right thing is very important. But I'm having trouble finding out what that is.

So...........with acid reflux and laryngitis.........I need HELP???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, my new friends.

Joan

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iprayers

#134974 - 12/16/07 04:39 AM Re: Laryngitis today [Re: ]
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Thanks Anne, but I don't think there is any way one can help me at work. I'm a cashier and it's the Christmas season.

As far as the acid reflux, I HAVE been to the doctor. But I don't like medicine. I'm always looking for an alternative to pills.

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com

#134976 - 12/16/07 07:23 AM Re: Laryngitis today [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Wear a woolen scarf around your neck. Keep your feet warm. Don't drink anythng too hot or too cold. Honey actaully dries out the throat more....( just found that out myself.)
Hope you feel better soon!

#134977 - 12/16/07 10:23 AM Re: Laryngitis today [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Drink lots of tea with lemon in it. Drink lots of fluids and try not to talk.

My daughter woke up with this yesterday too.

#134978 - 12/16/07 09:52 PM Re: Laryngitis today
GodsLittlePencil Offline

Thank you all for your suggestions. I don't mean for this to sound like I'm complaining because I'm just stating a fact of MY life, OK?

I can't do the wool scarf as I'm allergic to wool.
I can't hire a temp because I don't own the store, besides the fact that I've only been there a few months myself.
Tea seems to be an acid reflux problem lately.

HOWEVER on the good news side of this....I found that vinegar, honey and lemon in hot water works wonders. Not only for the sore throat, but the reflux as well.

I mixed it in hot water, then let it cool to warm, even room temp. Sipped it all night. Actually slept through the night without needing cough drops.

Thanks for all of your great suggestions.

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com

#134979 - 12/17/07 01:51 AM Re: Laryngitis today [Re: GodsLittlePencil]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hope you feel better soon. Also to knock it out faster, the throat I mean, is to put Vicks vaporub on the bottom of your feet, the arch part, then wear warm socks all day. Do it again and sleep with the socks on. This will break up a cold faster and heal a sore throat better then Vicks on the chest. The warm scarf is also good to do. And no talking. My mother always gave me honey and lemon in tea. Plus mix half lemon and several tablespoons of honey together in a cup and take a tablespoon every few hours.

Never had reflux so not sure about remedies for that.

Edited by chatty lady (12/17/07 01:52 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#134980 - 12/17/07 07:42 AM Re: Laryngitis today [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I have to talk in my business too, and I've gotten regular bouts of laryngitis my entire life. Used to get it 6x a year as a child; now maybe 2.

So what do I do? Write! Bring a large pad and pen. Have several pre-written answers for the questions you get the most.

Someone asks you a question? Write the answer. You want the next person in line to step up? Have a sign that says NEXT, and wave it under their nose if necessary.

On a full sheet of paper write "I have laryngitis. I can't speak but I can hear you." Have that sign on display or even pinned to your shirt. If you don't have that sign, people will assume you're deaf the minute you start writing. If you have a sign that says "I have laryngitis" but not the rest -- the minute you start writing, even though people KNOW that laryngitis is not related to deafness -- when you put your pen down, maybe 3/4 of the people will still try to take your pad and pen to write their comments back to you.

Mine lasts an average of 3 days, and I just let it run its course. My laryngitis is not related to colds or allergies, but all types function the same.

Poet and essayist

#134981 - 12/19/07 01:43 AM Re: Laryngitis today [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Been a few days now Joan, hows the throat? Thanks for the card and gift card.

Edited by chatty lady (12/19/07 01:44 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#134982 - 12/19/07 03:21 AM Re: Laryngitis today [Re: chatty lady]
GodsLittlePencil Offline

I had every intention of going to work tonight. However after a couple of phone calls, I realized that wasn't going to happen.

I stopped in the store today to pick up a form I needed. When I told them I was going to be back in a couple of hours to work........they laughed at me and asked how I planned to do my job.

I can at least make a squeaky noise today. Of course TODAY I have a sore throat. AND my ears are starting to itch.

I'm getting better. Thanks for asking.

God's Little Pencil,

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com

Joan

www.sunshinehugs.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved