The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11129 - 11/03/05 04:57 AM Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Recently I had quite a scare. I was experiencing shortness of breath, heart palpitations and soaring blood pressure with out warning or reason. I tried to think of what could be the cause. The one thing I was doing different seemed to cause a reaction with my bowels (sorry) but they were actually slimey...
I had been journaling what I eat and one item seemed to jump out at me, SPLENDA sweetner. I drink about 8 cups of tea a day and always use the Splenda, one thing I noticed was an inordinate amountg of gas and the bowel thingy. I used 2 envelopes of Splenda in each cup of tea and also in cereal I eat and I put it into oatmeal. I stopped using it completely to see and in 2 days the gas disappeared and the third day my blood pressure was normal, no pains or palpitations....my bowels are normal too. I apparently was poisoning my body with something in this sweetner....so be careful ladies. I've gone back to Sweet & Low and crystalized chunks of real sugar from the health food store before its been processed and ruined....

#11130 - 11/03/05 05:10 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Wow, Chatty! I'm so glad you recognized the culprit before too much damage was done! I posted somewhere here before about having a problem with the terrible aftertaste from Splenda. I just can't bring myself to trust anything that leaves such a horrific aftertaste in my mouth.

This might explain why my entire system was out of whack after visiting my SIL for two weeks in August...she uses Splenda in all her baking and cooking. My body is extremely sensitive to some of those chemical additives, but it never occurred to me to suspect the Splenda.

#11131 - 11/03/05 05:34 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Artificial sweeteners can cause headaches, too. I never use them, never drink diet anything...I'll stick with real sugar. I use the raw stuff in my coffee.

#11132 - 11/03/05 11:42 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chatty, I know you're diabetic. Sweet-n-low isn't good for you either. Can you use Stevia? It's supposed to be a natural sugar substitute but I don't know that much about it. I use organic raw sugar.

#11133 - 11/04/05 02:43 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Been using the raw sugar now as well and it seems to be fine for me. Hows come Sweet & Low isn't good for diabetics, never read or heard that before. It is just saccharin...

#11134 - 11/04/05 09:44 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Saccharin isn't good for anyone. Wish I could remember specifics.

#11135 - 11/07/05 02:04 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

The media kept reporting years ago it caused cancer in mice but they overloaded the mice with it and it was given a clean bill of health ions ago. So far the raw sugar is working well but please be mindful of the effects of some of this artificial junk. My doctor/Cardiologist said it was actually damaging my heart...scary stuff.

#11136 - 11/07/05 07:03 PM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, did you call your doctor? Have you been for a check-up. That doesn't sound good to me. Please don't assume it was the Splenda.

#11137 - 11/08/05 01:02 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have seen her and am perfectly fine now that the Splenda has gone from my system. I know my own body well enough believe me to know what the problem was. I just didn't want to believe it could be that, but with total elimination of the Splenda all is back to a healthy normal....Go figure! [Big Grin] I don't mind telling you it scared the beejeebies out of me. Thought I was dying and began making preparations. Not funny!!! [Frown]

[ November 07, 2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#11138 - 05/11/06 06:24 AM Re: Mystery Heart Palpitations & Pain
Nancy in Maine Offline

Loc: Belfast, Maine
Thank you, Chatty Lady. For over a year I have wondered what was causing my horrid palpitations and now I know. Splenda goes out the window tonight and I go back to raw or crystallized sugar from the food co-op, or Sweet n Low. I tried Stevia but it leaves an awful aftertaste. [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved