The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11069 - 10/04/05 01:19 PM MS Update
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Hi all,

I've been away taking care of family business (DIL) and thought I'd update you on her situation by combining a couple of my threads.
It has NOT been easy. She has been quite ill. She has had two severe left side "failure" episodes, and a bout of temporary BLINDNESS. We were scared to death, but all the symptoms are fairly well resolved for the moment. It seems that even during relatively symptom-free times, she continues with left side weakness/numbness.
For whatever reason, the neurologist will not/cannot define the condition as MS, yet. He does say it is not stress,lyme disease, or a stroke and that there is little else it can be except MS, but he won't say "Yes, it is MS." (Results from the spinal are due October 20th--WHY DOES EVERYTHING TAKE SO LONG???)
I want to thank everyone for joining in these threads and for the PM's. You all are a great source of comfort while we wait this out. I am so anxious for her to get an official diagnosis, even if it is a difficult one, because at least then, we can get started on a plan of action and treatment.
I had a long talk with my son, and he says if it is MS and she continues to have this level of difficulty, they have already decided that they will move closer to us. He is working on a two year project in his current location, but the vast majority of his employment field is in my state, so it could actually make sense economically as well as medically and family/support-wise. So, I guess that can be a silver lining to this miserable cloud, plus it'll bring two more of my grandkids closer to me.
I guess that's it for now. I don't know how people could go through this alone. It is just too devastating. Again, thanks for all the kind words and prayers and advice. You all are truly a blessing.

#11070 - 10/05/05 07:52 AM Re: MS Update
Fiftyandfine Offline

This is weird...I'm the first to respond to my own post. DIL just called, and the neurologist wants to see her late this afternoon. (He couldn't have called while I was there for the better part of a week???!!!!&*!)
Anyway, it looks like we may know something by this evening.
Prayers appreciated...

#11071 - 10/04/05 08:01 PM Re: MS Update
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Fifty, my prayers are for you and your DIL for the rest of the day. I know you will keep us posted, so I will check back later.
chick

#11072 - 10/04/05 08:36 PM Re: MS Update
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Please let us know. Praying for all of you and asking for a miracle.

#11073 - 10/04/05 09:44 PM Re: MS Update
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Oh Fifty, I hope all goes as well as it can. I know wht those neurology appointments are like.

Please let us know when you can. Will keep you all in thoughts and prayer.

Lynn

#11074 - 10/05/05 12:29 AM Re: MS Update
Dizzy2 Offline

Loc: New York
Good Luck, I wrote previosly, Please tell her 2 write everything down in a journal.. It is so important...She has 2 remember how long everything lasts etc.. Have they given her any medication yet, for these symptoms???

#11075 - 10/05/05 06:25 PM Re: MS Update
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Fifty... I continue praying for you and your family throughout this difficult situation. I know how important a diagnosis is.

I'm glad your son will be near you. They need all the support they can get.

Remember you are not alone. God bless you all!

#11076 - 10/06/05 07:13 AM Re: MS Update
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Fifty, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. What's the latest? Didn't she just have a baby?

#11077 - 10/05/05 08:23 PM Re: MS Update
Fiftyandfine Offline

Hi all,
First, let me sort through a bit of confusion. It is my daughter who will have a baby on November 18th by c-section (if not before ;)Daughter also has a three-yr-old. It is my daughter-in-law that is grappling with the possibility of MS. She has a five-yr-old and a two-yr-old.
The appointment yesterday turned out to be another exercise in frustration. The neurologist told my DIL that she DOES appear to have MS, but that things are still inconclusive at this point. Yes, she has some lesions. Yes, she has some oligoclonol(sp?)bands. But no, he will not diagnose her positively just yet. He has set up a meeting with a team of doctors this Thursday morning. They will apparently make a "final" diagnosis, but more important, if they concur that it is MS, they will be the team that will set up and administer her treatment plan. For THAT much, we are grateful.
We cried a lot yesterday, more out of sheer frustration than anything else, but I just spoke with her this morning and we are both much calmer.
My dear DIL is living proof that men DO go out and marry their mothers [Roll Eyes] She and I react to so much in the very same manner--which is sometimes good and sometimes not so good. For the moment, we're both willing to play the wait and see game, but I swear, if the appointment wasn't for tomorrow, I don't know who would go completely insane faster! (I just try not to show it right now, since my job in this is to support her, not drag her to the depths of despair.)
Anyway, I will report again tomorrow. I hope you all know just how grateful I am to have this forum as a place to vent, and as a source of comfort. Thank you all so very much.

#11078 - 04/16/06 05:17 AM Re: MS Update
ClydeSD Offline

Loc: South Dakota
I have a friend who was diagnosed with MS at age 18. (In 1981) Her Doctor started her on Cows Colostrum Milk. (1/4 cup each day) . She had good results soon, recovered within a year or so. Many vitamin places sell Colostrum milk in pill form, if you want to try something like that. Otherwise you need to find a dairy farmer to sell you some. My friend is now crippled from a auto accident, but she does not have MS. She was losing her eyesite and had mobility problems before she started on the Colostrum Milk. The milk has immune factors, and MS is your own immune system attacking your own nerves. Hope this helps someone.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved