The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11334 - 04/03/06 02:03 AM health care at chain stores
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Has anyone been to one of the Targets, Wal-Marts, CVS, Or Rite Aids that are offering medical care?

These chain stores set up small clinics and hired nurse practitioners to diagnose, treat, and/or refer patients.

I'd love to know what everyone thinks about this. They accept most insurances and Medicare.

Thoughts?

#11335 - 04/03/06 02:50 AM Re: health care at chain stores
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It seems very convenient to me especially for just diagnostic needs....Less waitng too and all they'll do is refer you to a doctor is anything shows up. I suppose one should be mindful of what they charge though.

#11336 - 04/03/06 03:33 AM Re: health care at chain stores
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I haven't seen the clinics in those places yet, but it's probably a good idea.

I have long thought those types of healthcare monitoring services should be made available at churches that remain empty most week days. A church I was involved with once did that in what they called the Life Enrichment Center. It was a health care center in the day time and a cultural center/theater in the evening. Good stewardship of space.

smile

#11337 - 04/03/06 04:51 PM Re: health care at chain stores
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I hadn't heard about that. I used to work at a Rite-Aid. I'll have to ask some of my friends about this.

The grocery store my son works at here has set up a wellness plan. It's not what you mentioned but they are placing placards and brochures around the store telling you which foods are healthiest compared to other foods. I think it's a great idea.

#11338 - 04/04/06 07:01 AM Re: health care at chain stores
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I like the idea of using the Church buildings for health care facilities. The doc-in-a-box places are always full which tells us???

I have noticed that more and more grocery stores are getting "with it" in regards to healthier eating and choices for us within the stores. I've also noticed they have raised the prices of the organic foods and fruits.

Just when I learn to eat healthier, so does the rest of Amercia and the prices skyrocket. I can't win....

JJ

#11339 - 04/04/06 07:14 AM Re: health care at chain stores
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
JJ,
Do you have a farmer's market near you? It may be the cheapest way to eat organic and you aren't encouraging companies to do long transport (burning fuel).

I like the idea of inexpensive (I think the store clinics are supposed to be cheapter), convenient, routine health care, wherever it is! When I lived in Montana, we had community center that was church, library, meeting hall, dance hall, voting hall, etc. Great use of space.

Probably the largest expense for me is getting routine blood work done (high chol.); they charge $175 for the blood test. Anyone know if these new centers do blood work?

#11340 - 04/03/06 11:17 PM Re: health care at chain stores
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Casey, blood work wasn't metioned in the article.

I pray we get back to community centers. They make so much sense for all the lonely people in the world.

I am a farmer's market nut too. Not open here yet, but soon. I can't wait. It's a part of my Thursday routine.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved