The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#10270 - 09/01/03 04:25 AM I'm still alive... barely!
oleladee Offline

Loc: Kansas
Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive. It has been a horrid month. I spent quite a bit of it in bed (alone, drat it!) [Embarrassed]
Lupus is unforgiving when it comes to colds, infections and anything that taxes your immune system. It all started with a cold and then another stupid infection under my toenail. With no circulation to my feet and no real immune system to fight off infection, I cannot afford to get sick. So there I was, sick as a dog and barely able to walk. I felt myself getting weaker by the day and knew it was bad. [Confused] I went to see the podiatrist and he decided we had played around enough. He did a minor surgery and removed my toenail permanently, root and all. It will never grow back, never be ingrown again. I just wont have a toenail on my large toe. Then, though it may be a small procedure to some people, I had to recover from it. Lupus is a pain in the a--. I started feeling human again in this last week. My doctors changed my pain meds and I can hold food down. Thank goodness. I needed my spirits to go back up again.
Dana does everything possible to keep my mood up. She brought me a whole bunch of books to read and I crocheted a lot while I was laid up. [Big Grin] Now, I want out of the house and it has rained for 3 straight days.... go figure.
--- [Roll Eyes]
ahhh isn't life a blast.
kay oleladee

#10271 - 09/01/03 07:19 AM Re: I'm still alive... barely!
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
oleladee, I am sosorry to hear about your miserable month. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to have eevry small infection amplified.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

#10272 - 09/01/03 02:43 PM Re: I'm still alive... barely!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Same here Oleladee...your post makes me realize how I take my somewhat healthy state for granted. I too will be thinking of you and praying for you. We're here for you. Hugs and blessings

#10273 - 09/01/03 02:46 PM Re: I'm still alive... barely!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
So glad to hear you are back, but so sorry to hear why you were layed up...or layed down!

Glad you can come here and share the ups and downs.

Praying you are getting around better and enjoying food again. [Razz]

Praying the sun comes out and your spirits go up. [Big Grin]

What books did you read? Any winners?

Oh, and I'm sending sunshine your way!

#10274 - 09/01/03 06:19 PM Re: I'm still alive... barely!
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
So sorry to hear what you have had to go through.
We have a lady in our Church who has Lupus and
she was miserable a lot of the time.
She helped on our bazaar, there were certain things she could do so we worked together with what she could do.
Do hope you have some sunshine soon. If I could send you some of this hot whether here I would. I think its cooling down here too.
Hope you can get out soon!!!
Maggie

#10275 - 09/02/03 03:11 AM Re: I'm still alive... barely!
oleladee Offline

Loc: Kansas
It was so nice to hear such pleasant wishes from you all. Thanks ever so much. Let's see... I read the book club selection. I loved it of course. Books about women don't usually top my list oddly enough. I usually like a good thriller. (give me a James Patterson or Dean Koontz anyday and I'll spend the day curled up and before you know it the end of the book is closer and closer and I can hardly read fast enough.)
I sucked up several mysteries and 5 books on writing fiction and improving my writing skills. My online writing teacher would be so proud.
I also crocheted several little purses and a baby blanket. The sun finally came out today... about an hour ago. My toe is healing nicely and I feel much better. I think I'm coming around.
----
kay [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved