The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#128614 - 10/01/07 07:11 PM Mammograms
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
This site helps you donate a mammogram to needy women, and it doesn't cost a penny to you. Please visit daily and click the pink button in the center. Also we can help by referring others to his site:
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
Blessings to all!!

#128615 - 10/01/07 08:12 PM Re: Mammograms [Re: Songbird]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Consider it done...it's a great site and this is Breast Cancer Awareness month...and I'm proud to be a Survivor of 5 years!

#128616 - 10/02/07 08:30 PM Re: Mammograms [Re: ladyjane]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I've done this before and just did it again.

Funny, I just received informatin from this site today asking me to help spread the word. I am going to put it in the weekly NABBW Update and in our monthly newsletter.

#128617 - 10/05/07 05:45 PM Re: Mammograms
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Don't forget to get your mammograms this month! As ladyjane said, this is breast awareness month. I'm going for mine next week.

#128618 - 10/07/07 05:29 AM Re: Mammograms [Re: Cookie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I have been waiting to hear confirmation of appointment for mammogram the past week. Stayed on another day in London just for that and leaving this morning without having heard anything. As confirmation of any medical appointment of this sort is done by post here and owing to a postal strike, I was on the phone all day yesterday seeking confirmation but never got through.

I have felt tenderness on the right breast for a few weeks now. My daughter and I have not felt any lump though. Just tender and a feeling of heaviness on that breast. The locum who attended me in the past said that it was probably muscular pain and had nothing to do with the breast. The man never even bothered to examine me! I went back to see my doctor when he got back from holiday and was referred for mammogram to be on the safe side and I am overdue for one anyway. So, still waiting.

#128619 - 10/11/07 08:34 PM Re: Mammograms [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, I have fibrous cystic disease in my breasts and they are often tender...similar to what you describe. However, I can often feel the lumps. Vitamin E and staying away from Caffeine helps tremendously.

Have you heard anything yet?

#128620 - 10/11/07 08:46 PM Re: Mammograms
Nan Offline

So glad to see that awareness is being raised about the importance of mammograms. Fifteen years ago at the age of 43, I went for a routine mammogram that saved my life. With no other symptoms, it was discovered that I had a malignant tumour and after radiation and six months of chemo, I have had no recurrance and continue to live a happy and productive life

#128621 - 10/12/07 06:29 AM Re: Mammograms [Re: Nan]
Lola Offline

Have not heard anything by post, Dotsie. And, since I have come back to London, reaching them by phone during the clinic's work hours and mine is frustrating. I could not get through a very engaged line even with constant redial. A very frustrating thing! My daughter has been chasing the time table for scheduled mobile breast clinics in her area, so I may just go for that as a "walk-in" in the interim.

#128622 - 10/12/07 07:43 AM Re: Mammograms [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lola, not to undermine the seriousness and urgency of an examination, but I get that same feeling in my right breast as well.
I discovered it comes from carrying my granddaughter too much. It’s actually a backstrain that spreads to the chest area. Just a thought.

#128623 - 10/12/07 08:06 PM Re: Mammograms [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Thanks, Dotsie and Hannelore. It is encouraging to know that not all pain can be symptomatic of anything more serious. Yep. I had also considered that carrying the grandchildren could be contributory.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved