The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11175 - 11/21/05 09:56 PM Clean bill of health
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
On Friday, I got a clean bill of health from my radiation oncologist. It's 3 years since my cancer trearment, and no sign of a recurrence. He says after this long, it's unlikely there ever will be.

We have much to be thankful for this year!

#11176 - 11/21/05 10:06 PM Re: Clean bill of health
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Wonderful news Jackie!!!!!
I'm so happy for you.
This Thanksgiving will be that much more special.

#11177 - 11/22/05 12:01 AM Re: Clean bill of health
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm celebrating with you and offering a prayer of thanks. This is so wonderful and I'm so happy for you!

#11178 - 11/22/05 12:36 AM Re: Clean bill of health
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jackie, what great thanksgiving news. I am cheered by your post.
chick

#11179 - 11/22/05 12:45 AM Re: Clean bill of health
NHJackie Offline

I'm feeling great! Thank you, ladies, for your kind thoughts. Not only is the the first Thanksgiving in years that nobody in our family has been under some sort of stress, be it halthwise or otherwise. But my entire extended family is going to be together for dinner at my mothers.

It's going to be wonderful but more than a little hectic! On Wednesday, my brother, his wife and their 15 year old son will be flying from CA to Boston, where they will be joined for the weekend by their 18year old son who just started his freshman year in college in MA. My daughter will be driving in from NY, spending Wednesday night at hubby's mother's house, then going to my Mom's in the morning to help her with last minute preperations. Meanwhile my son, who hasn't been with us at Thanksgiving for 4 years, will be arriving by bus from NY sometime late Wednesday night. We will all be meeting up at my mother's sometime during the day on Thursday.

AS if the weekend weren't busy enough, my daughter has her 10th high school reunion on Saturday. I feel like I'm about to jump on a merry-go-round, but what a great ride!

#11180 - 11/22/05 02:32 AM Re: Clean bill of health
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You should do something to celebrate! COngrats on the great doctor report.

JAckie, I got tears while reading your psot about your family. Your joy comes through the screen. Make the most of it!

#11181 - 11/22/05 04:51 AM Re: Clean bill of health
NHJackie Offline

I've been tearing up a little myself today. For a little bit, it looked like Ed might not be able to make it home after all. But he called this morning to say he's taking Friday off. He told his new boss he absolutely needed to be here for the holiday, and they said OK. I can't believe they'll be working on Friday, but architects work to deadline. And they're all workaholics, including my son.

For some reason, I've been a little nervous and out of sorts today. I think I'll call my mother and make sure she's OK. She always tries to do WAY too much and won't let us help her.

But we do plan on doing a lot of celebrating.

#11182 - 11/22/05 04:51 AM Re: Clean bill of health
NHJackie Offline

I've been tearing up a little myself today. For a little bit, it looked like Ed might not be able to make it home after all. But he called this morning to say he's taking Friday off. He told his new boss he absolutely needed to be here for the holiday, and they said OK. I can't believe they'll be working on Friday, but architects work to deadline. And they're all workaholics, including my son.

For some reason, I've been a little nervous and out of sorts today. I think I'll call my mother and make sure she's OK. She always tries to do WAY too much and won't let us help her.

But we do plan on doing a lot of celebrating.

#11183 - 11/22/05 11:46 AM Re: Clean bill of health
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Congrats Jackie! That's wonderful news.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved