The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10878 - 05/13/05 06:52 AM I am back...sort of.....
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Well, I am back at the computer, although not back to speed in my life as yet. It's been a bear of a four weeks or so and I am not the better for it this time.

I had my thigh and leg surgery on April 18th. This was THE worst surgery I have EVER had. Every other time I was ever operated on, I was up and about within a week, 10 days at most. This one really kicked my butt. I am severely anemic, was passing out from that, had a devil of a time with the drugs, ended up with a 104 degree fever and an infection, and now have a three inch long, two inch wide and two inch deep open wound on the inside of my left leg that has to be dressed with wet-to-dry packing and meds twice a day. Dad is my saviour once again...he took complete control of the house, dogs, me, etc.

I have had pretty good luck with the weight. I lost another 29 pounds from this surgery, so now I am in 16's instead of the Omar-the-Tentmaker sizes that I used to wear. I am not looking to be super-skinny...I am just fine like this, although I know I will lose more as I can walk to exercise again.

Thank you for all your thoughts, calls, prayers, cards and well-wishes.

#10879 - 05/13/05 06:45 PM Re: I am back...sort of.....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Gosh, major surgery. It made me hurt just reading about it.

Glad you're back and on the mend. God bless Dad!

#10880 - 05/14/05 07:08 AM Re: I am back...sort of.....
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Micki,
I'm so sorry to hear of your pain. Wrap yourself in your Dad's love and know that boomers are in prayer for you.
smile

#10881 - 05/14/05 07:38 AM Re: I am back...sort of.....
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Welcome back, Micki. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. Your surgery sounds like it really took a toll on you. Thank God for your dad. So glad to hear that he's there for you.

Here's hoping you heal quickly and healthy.

#10882 - 05/13/05 08:29 PM Re: I am back...sort of.....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hey Micki, great to see you again. Micki was one of the original post-ers at BWS.

Micki, want to tell them how much weight you've lost, what you've been through, etc? It's a wonderful story and most of the women visiting BWS these days haven't heard it.

#10884 - 05/13/05 08:50 PM Re: I am back...sort of.....
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Well, in 2000, my husband died from colorectal cancer after a five year battle. He was 51 when he died in April (I still cannot believe it has been five years already). I pretty much sat like a stone, not eating or anuything else and just kept getting bigger and bigger...I was well over 450 pounds by the time I decided to look into gastric bypass surgery. I had Roux-en-y surgery in April 2002 and to date am at just under 200 pounds. I have also had an abdominoplasty and thigh and leg lift in the past 6 months. What with Dad's surgery and illness last year this time and Mom dying right before Tim did after a long illness, we have had some pretty major stuff happening to us for the last 10 years.

#10886 - 05/14/05 12:55 AM Re: I am back...sort of.....
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Micki
Sounds like you have had a time of it and a long period of time too.

Will try to send good positive energy your way for healing.

I will be having surgery on June 8 but nothing like what you have been through. My prayers go out to you.

Lynn

#10887 - 05/14/05 06:25 AM Re: I am back...sort of.....
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh Wow! Micki, you're an amazing woman. Good for you and bless your heart. You should be so proud of yourself. I just have to say it again: WOW! [Eek!]

#10888 - 05/15/05 07:39 AM Re: I am back...sort of.....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I haven't seen Micki since this last surgery, but she was looking great before it. She's one awesome woman. If you met her you would be taken in with her infectious laugh and loving spirit. She's an admirable person. Rooted in family!

I guess we've known one another since I was born. Our dad's were in Korea together and are still great friends. They are a wonderful support for one another.

Speaker, congrats on your new look. I think I remember telling you how much I liked your new picture on your site. I didn't realize what you had been through in recent years. You look fantastic. Have you written about it?

#10890 - 05/16/05 10:09 PM Re: I am back...sort of.....
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Micki, Congrats on your weight loss... so glad to know you are feeling better! Thank God for fathers who care!

Will have you in my prayers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved