The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#10281 - 12/23/03 01:32 AM The Cold From Hell
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Has anybody else here had a cold that lasted for seven weeks? Did it finally go away or did you have to do something?

I'm getting tired of blowing my nose.

#10282 - 12/23/03 03:45 AM Re: The Cold From Hell
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
well I woke up with a sore throat and chest this morning, so I can't tell ya...but I will say I am glad to see your post. I saw where there was an earthquake in Calif...I wasn't sure if you were effected or not. I'm glad to see you on here..whew!

#10283 - 12/23/03 04:29 PM Re: The Cold From Hell
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, what's going on? Is all this contagious in our neighborhood? I started last night at dinner with the sniffles and woke up with a little sore throat. [Razz]

I'm popping vitamins, elderberry, and using Zicam nasal spray. Hopefully it will only get better.

Hope you gals are feeling "up and at 'em" today!

#10284 - 12/23/03 04:38 PM Re: The Cold From Hell
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
up, but not at um...time to see doc

#10285 - 12/23/03 06:32 PM Re: The Cold From Hell
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Gee, looks like everyone is coming down with the flu at a very bad time. I had it a week or two ago. Hopefully the joy and adrenalin of Christmas will lessen the symptoms and you will be fine for the big day.

I better say a prayer.

smile

#10286 - 12/23/03 06:34 PM Re: The Cold From Hell
smilinize Offline

Maybe everyone should go back to the flu shot posts and get some of the natural products on there and begin taking them. Zinc lozenges are pretty good for a sore throat and help your immunity along a little.

smile

#10287 - 12/23/03 06:38 PM Re: The Cold From Hell
smilinize Offline

Can't help it girls. All this illness brings out the nurse in me.

smile

#10288 - 12/24/03 01:51 AM Re: The Cold From Hell
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

First: jawjaw, thanks for thinking about me with the earthquake news. The quake hit 300 miles north of here and we didn't even feel it. Luckily, it was in a more rural area and didn't affect as many as it could have (which of course, doesn't make it better for people in that area.)

I'm pretty sure this isn't the flu because there was no fever or nausea. Also, flu (to my knowledge) has a shorter duration. For those who are wondering, congestion, sore throat and some degree of coughing have been constants since Day 1. The first week I felt like I was run over by a motor home; since then, I've been fairly functional. I drink hot tea several times a day and other than that, do not medicate except for cold pills on the days I'm out selling. I eat well and have cut out most outside activities so I can be home and rest. I believe in letting most things run their course but 7 weeks seems a bit much, which is why I asked if anyone else ever had a cold that long.

A few of my friends have hit Panic Mode, speculating that this could be anything from walking pneumonia, to a symptom of the nebulous "something serious." I don't feel SICK-sick, so I'm debating if I should bother to see a doctor.

#10289 - 12/24/03 01:53 AM Re: The Cold From Hell
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Oh, and I hope everyone else feels better.

a-CHOOO [Frown]

#10290 - 12/24/03 04:16 AM Re: The Cold From Hell
smilinize Offline

Meredith, I've not practiced nursing in years, but I'm still a voracious reader of medical material.

A cold and flu are both viruses and they are not easlily treated, but are pretty much self limiting. They usually don't last more than a week or ten days at most, but they can weaken the system enough to allow the development of bacterial infections.

If something lasts longer than a week, it has probably advanced to a bacterial infection such as pneumonia or bronchitis and that can be treated with anti-biotics.

Anyway, my advice would be: "Get thee to a Doctor! Get some antibiotics, rest, drink lots of fluids, and be sure to take the antibiotic until it's all gone.

Bacterial infection is one of the areas where doctors and pharmaceuticals are about the only recourse--and the sooner the better.

smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved