The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10139 - 04/15/06 09:31 PM Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...
foundhervoice-atlast Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dear Boomerwomen,

As some of you know, I am writing a book about divorce and have been in the process of compiling personal stories since last summer. I have been advised to put it on hold until my own divorce is final, even though I have been asked to submit a formal book proposal to a well-known agent/publisher. My book is about how to help women avoid some of the pitfalls many of us have encountered in the course of our marriages/relationships, and what to do if we find ourselves heading toward divorce. It is not a male bashing book...rather, a positive, forward-looking how-to book, with humor interjected to lighten up the tone, prove that there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel and give women some much needed encouragement and perspective.

If any of you would be interested in contributing your personal story to this book please send me a private posting through the website. I guarantee total confidentiality and will work with you to make sure your voice is heard in a way that makes you comfortable. If you think you have had an experience that will benefit other women to know about and learn from, I hope you will consider being a part of this project.

Blessings on us all!

foundhervoice-atlast

"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. It's the way you decide to arrange your mind..."

#10140 - 04/17/06 03:53 AM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
foundhervoice, please send me a Call for Submissions and I'll put in in the May/June BWS newsletter for you.

I forget to tell you...I love your quote. I agree wholeheartedly.

#10141 - 04/17/06 07:17 AM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...

Dotsie,

I tried sending you a private message by got an error message saying your box was full...How do I send you a call for submissions? (Please forgive my ignorance!)

foundhervoice-atlast

#10142 - 04/18/06 04:41 AM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Please send it to
dots@boomerwomenspeak.com

Thanks. I am working on the May/June BWS newsletter this week.

#10143 - 04/27/06 08:26 AM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Found... I love your quote too- Cause I believe it!

#10144 - 04/28/06 10:31 AM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...

Yup. I believe it with all my heart, too. Sometimes it's just gotta be a mind over matter thing doesn't it?

Another one I really like is "You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it." That has reminded me on more than one occassion to go out and get a little smarter, broaden my horizons before going back in and trying to solve the same problem again, but from a new perspective...

Foundhervoice-atlast

#10145 - 04/29/06 07:22 AM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

ah, that really makes me think. I like it. A always opportunities to strengthen the mind.

#10146 - 05/16/06 12:11 PM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...
Joni22 Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Please pick up a copy of Joni Newman's book on divorce for jilted women. It is filled with humor, my stories, help for women who think that the light at the end of the tunnel is the train speeding down the track in her direction.

Joni Newman takes you through the five stages of grief and through humor and intimate stories, you will feel like she is holding your hand and walking you through the process...to becomming your own woman...and acceptance.

You can get her humorous book on divorce (divorce...humorous?)at: www.pwllb.org where you will get a personally signed book or at www.xlibris.com/DidHeSayDivorce.html for a discounted price.

#10147 - 05/17/06 04:41 AM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Joni why not go to the welcome thread and tell us a little about youself, besides that you have a book to sell. Sounds interesting!

#10148 - 05/18/06 01:46 PM Re: Looking for stories about what you learned from your divorce experience...
Joni22 Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Sure, I would like to do that. Can you please give me directions? I'm new in town. Joni

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved