The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#9591 - 07/03/05 03:38 AM www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
This is a story about courage, determination, wisdom, and the empowerment of a woman’s journey through her personal pain and struggle. It’s a story about the true meaning of “letting go”.

As I began the journey of writing my story, I felt as if I were writing this for someone else yet I was the only one who knew the information you are about to read or how the ending would be.

Many times people are faced with situations that make them feel imprisoned or entrapped. My story affirms that there is a way to overcome the feeling of helplessness no matter how long it takes.

After many years of living with a drug addict and alcoholic, I was able to find the courage needed to break away from it all.

In doing so, I decided that rather than feeling as if I have lived all those years in vain, I will instead; reach out to those individuals who have found themselves living in similar situations.

The bottom line is that we all have control over our own lives. We have the power to take ownership of our own destinies. Life is about choices, finding the right tools needed can change one's path.

I am a survivor. I lived through hell and have bounced back again. No matter what we are faced with, we do have the ability to set our own personal boundaries.

We are the keepers of our own lock and key. No one can have control over us unless we allow him or her to do so.

Those years are all behind me now. And sharing my life with you is my way of creating a positive out of a negative. My story confirms how much I have grown since living with an addict.

I hope by sharing my experience with you, you will see that stories such as mine do have positive outcomes. I am living proof that there IS such a thing as fairytale endings.

Please email me for my website address.

I hope you enjoy reading my book as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

#9592 - 07/04/05 07:04 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nice site. Great topic. I'm sure your book has touched many women.

I hope you will go in the Welcome forum and tell us more about you.

#9593 - 07/05/05 06:58 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

Thank you Dotsie! I feel that because of the experience that I lived through, I am hoping that just by sharing my story, it will help thousands of individuals who find themselves living in similar situations. Unfortunately alcoholism and drugs do not discriminate. It happens to people of all walks of life. I have always said that while writing my book, if I can help just ONE person, then it was worth all the endless hours that I spent in front of my computer. Thank you again for your encouraging words! I will certainly post int he welcome forum as well. Teresa Hamilton

#9594 - 07/06/05 07:04 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Another survivor/thriver. Welcome and thank you for being willing to share your experiences to help others.

#9595 - 07/05/05 08:30 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, another women who puts herself out there for the sake of other women.

Power, please visit Dianne's site.

#9596 - 07/06/05 03:04 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lets give a "BRAVO" to Dianne, Lynn329 and The Power of Addicted Loves author Theresa... [Big Grin]
All women giving to others freely...

#9597 - 07/06/05 04:51 AM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

Thank you ladies!! The first thing that people asked me when I finished writing my book was "Teresa, are you sure you want the entire world to know your story?"

My answer was simple. If my story can stop ONE woman or man from making the same mistakes that I made, then that to me is.......priceless!

If I could afford it, I would give every woman or man living in domestic violence shelters a free copy of my book just to help them see that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am living proof!

Teresa Hamilton
www.thepowerofaddictedlove.com

#9598 - 07/06/05 05:46 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Thanks ladies. Teresa, the day may come when you're in a position to give copies of your book free. Maybe damaged ones? My publisher does this...gives damaged copies to shelters. They have a waiting list so you can see the need is very strong. I'm so thrilled that you have joined us and thank you so much for posting about you and your book on my site.

#9599 - 07/06/05 06:53 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com

Thanks Dianne!

I love your site as well! Have a good Wednesday.....I am off to the office.

Teresa

#9600 - 07/07/05 04:40 PM Re: www. thepowerofaddictedlove. com
wordcharmer Offline

Loc: Ohio
Welcome Teresa. Just looked at your site. Your story is a powerful example of what a true survivor is. Bless you for telling it. I know it will help others.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved