The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127210 - 09/04/07 05:12 PM Long & Windy Road to Separation
Iris Offline

Loc: USA
My husband of 33 years is about to leave, to go off and have one more great adventure, as he refers to it (walk out on me and his grown children, as I call it) and I'm divorcing him, as I'm not going to sit around and wait to see if he comes back.
This planned separation has been on hold since December, due to our daughter being pregnant, his mother needing to enter a nursing home, etc. and is winding down now with a little more than 3 weeks left to go.
I hope I can hold it together that long and not drop the heaviest rock I can carry through the windshield of his car.
Also, it is now my fault that our ten-year old dog is going to have to go - either with him, or to doggie heaven. The dog was never my dog, it was his, even though I was the one who found it at a shelter, it never loved me. And, it behaves horribly with the grandchildren, scares them actually with its shrill barking, I can't control it myself. He should take it with and not blame me if he's going someplace that doesn't allow dogs.
Well, I do feel bad about this - anyone want a 10-year old dog that isn't good with children? It makes a reasonably good watch dog.
All serious offers considered.

#127211 - 09/04/07 05:40 PM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: Iris]
WhatStopsYou Offline
stranger

Sorry you're going through this, Iris. I hope everything works out for the best. You are strong and will get through this. This is a great forum with some wonderful women so if you need to talk or need a shoulder we are here for you.

Darlene
Best Selling Author Darlene Braden; My gift to you: 365 Weght Loss, Daily Email Tips for success, http://www.whatstopsyou.com/365tips.html and Body Assessment e-Book http://www.whatstopsyou.com/balanced-body.html

#127212 - 09/04/07 05:53 PM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: WhatStopsYou]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
You`re right..it´s a long and windy road..but it can lead to some heights and mountain tops too..the thing is to hang in there and somehow believe in yourself..

I seperated and then divorced my husband after 32yrs of marriage. No, I wasn´t out for adventure..but I have actually experienced some along the way. And yes, the way is tough..but somehow worth it anyway.

I am sure you will find help and comfort here. It´s a wonderful place to be when things get tough. So..do write when you feel like it or need to. We are here for you!

#127213 - 09/05/07 12:51 AM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: humlan]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Big hugs, Iris. It's tough and we're here for you. Perhaps it's time to start planning your own adventure!

#127214 - 09/05/07 12:57 AM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: humlan]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I am so sorry you are going through this. I left my husband legally, but he left me emotionally long before I decided to leave. He had many affairs so I decided not to continue living a lie.

The divorce is the most painful experience I had to go through (almost, my current situation with my drug addicted son is the worst)

Please reach out as so many of us have been there. It's a painful process.

Soon you will be on a wonderful adventure of your own, you'll see :-)

Sorry about the dog but it sounds like this is his responsibility to deal with.
Kate

#127215 - 09/05/07 08:06 AM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: katebcca]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Iris I too am sorry for this misadventure you are on. On another note, possibly the dog felt your husnabds animosity for you in his psyche. Sometimes even before we know what's what, our animals do. If he doesn't take his dog with him, see if it behaves differently after awhile once he's gone. The animal will be sad when he leaves but they have a way of adjusting to the mood of the home. Its worth a try to have a good, loyal watchdog. I hope it works out. I am a dog fancier big time, can you tell?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#127216 - 09/05/07 08:32 AM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ew Boy...messy, yucky ... It can only get better, right? Turn your face to the sun, let it warm your heart and soul and give you strength on finding a new path in life.
And You have found the right place here to vent and seek support.
I think It's his problem with the dog. Let him deal with it.

#127217 - 09/05/07 09:06 PM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Well, isn't that nice of him to go on a his adventure! Some men never grow up. Mine walked out on me and the kids on Christmas Eve. He did it twice and the second time, I told him to stay gone. It hurt and I lost a ton of weight and was an emotional wreck for months but I got through it and today, I'm glad he left. I'm extremely happy now.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#127218 - 09/05/07 11:03 PM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Sorry to hear your tough story. I agree, the dog is his problem. Let him figure it out.

Sounds like he is big into the blame game. I hope you are able to figure out what is yours to own and what is his to own in the whole situation.

Best to you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#127219 - 09/07/07 01:48 PM Re: Long & Windy Road to Separation [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Iris, it's times like this that you have to surround yourself with people you love and ones who will support you. Please know you can always come here for those needs. I hope you have a nice little plan for the first night you are alone. Maybe you could journal about all your hopes and dreams for the future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved