The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9718 - 11/01/05 03:45 AM HAPPY HALLOWEEN
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Posted this here because it has been a non moving subject for weeks...Either no one is getting divorced or they just aren't talking. Hope all haver a safe, sweet holiday.

#9719 - 11/01/05 09:10 AM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I've given up asking my husband for a divorce. The other week he even told the termite inspector that "We'll definitely be in this house till we die..."

At least he's behaving himself a little better these days.

#9720 - 11/01/05 07:04 PM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Glad to hear he's behaving better!

A happy halloween was had by all in this home. Thanks chatty! How was your trip to the nursing home?

#9721 - 11/01/05 10:32 PM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Since I was the last to post my struggles with my marriage and comtemplating divorce, and saying I would check in, I will continue my saga.
Life with the husband is much better. But.....that doesn't mean a thing. He goes thru these changes, and then turns right around and turns into his "old self" again.
I did do one thing that I've wanted to do for many years.
I promised myself if I got to feeling better after all the medical probelms I've been thru I would get myself a sports car.
Well........I did it!!
She's a beautiful little Miata, and my Grandson(10 yrs)named her Butterfly Beauty. BB for short. I always name my autos. My SUV is "Butch."
Plus, I'm into Butterflies.
I decided it was "my turn", and did all the research, and wheeling a dealing that you have to go thru with a car salesman. Am so proud of myself for sticking to the price I was willing to pay, and told them it wasn't how bad I wanted BB, it was how bad he wanted to sell her. It worked...he shook my hand and said we had a deal.
Took BB to a friend who paints cars, motorcycles, trucks, etc. and he painted butterflies on BB for me so I would be able to tell which Miata was mine when I went to find her in a huge parking lot.
I didn't ask the husband if I could buy BB, I just told him. Now I just wait for the verbal abuse to start about him letting me buy my BB. We've been married (41 years this month)for me to expect him to change with all the verbal abuse.
I will still be having our talk the first of the year to let him know where I will be going with the divorce if he doesn't agree to back off with the verbal abuse and the money issues.
But, so far, so good since I last wrote about the perils of Lynne.
I had a great Halloween also. Went over to my oldest dtrs., helped hand out candy while she took the boys around the neighborhood. My other dtr. lives in the same neighborhood, so got to see the other two grandsons when they came by to Trick or Treat.
Of course, it was raining here, so the little ones were a little wet.
Love to all.....and your support on the divorce issues has been great!
Lynne

#9722 - 11/02/05 05:59 PM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Happy late Halloween to everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday, my hands were too sticky from peeling off all the half eaten candy that aligned our driveway.

Then my daughter suddenly became ill. (the day after halloween.......ya know......when she was out until 9:30 the night before running the streets eating everything in sight)

I wonder if anyone else had a problem waking their kids up the next morning?

Anyway..........LSmith........your car sounds like just what the Doctor ordered.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Enjoy it......and be careful driving it!

Teresa

#9723 - 11/02/05 06:03 PM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Teresa,

I've heard of this very thing happening to several families. Tis the season!

Hope she is feeling better!

d.

#9724 - 11/03/05 03:07 AM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Meredith those old timers loved their party, some dressed up but most just had their faces painted or were wearing the masks we got for them. They gobbled up the candy and played games and we even did a little dancing. Some of the neighbors around the home brought in their kids to trick or treat and they seemed to especially love seeing the children. All in all it was a good thing!!! One of my best Halloweens ever.

#9725 - 11/03/05 10:05 PM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
The Power of Addicted Lov Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Danita!

She stopped eating candy and began feeling much better. How about that? ha

#9726 - 11/04/05 12:10 AM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh my goodness! How funny is that Teresa!

See, I said "tis the season"!

d.

#9727 - 11/04/05 05:56 AM Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Teresa, I remeber those days of candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My kids are alittle older now and have kicked that habit. Now I want it!

Chatty, what a blessing you are to the elderly.

Lsmith, I am glad we have been helpful. Your car sounds like a dream come true. How lucky you are to have two daughters living so close to home.

As far as your marriage goes, have you set any goals for your husband to achieve in your marriage? Maybe things you can talk with him about that he can work on? Or areas for you to work on?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved