The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#160485 - 09/21/08 09:07 PM Long time since my last posting, but...
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Good afternoon Ladies,
I know it's been a long time since I posted, but life has gotten so busy I never seem to have time to sit and chat with you gals. Just wanted to let you know what's happening. You've all been so supportive while I worked my way through my grief and on into a new life, and encouraging while I searched for what I wanted to be when I grew up. grin I'm now working part time writing articles for www.whole-earth-pets.com and www.ella-ments.com (look for articles with my name-Alanna Parke Kvale)My new boss is so great and allows me be flexible time-wise, and she is going to help me promote my book, which is just about ready for submission. Have to write a bio and a blurb for the back of the book. I'm doing the last read through and then off it goes to Publish America. Wish me luck and I'll let you know when "Widowhood Is Not Funny" will be on the bookshelves.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#160490 - 09/21/08 09:35 PM Re: Long time since my last posting, but... [Re: copygal]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
copygal, great to hear you followed through and wrote that book. please continue to keep us posted. Glad to hear you you are moving right along.

#160512 - 09/21/08 11:56 PM Re: Long time since my last posting, but... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Copygal, I am a moderator for a popular ALL PUBLISHED AUTHORS site and I suggest you check out PA very closely on Editors and Predatrors, plus ask around because I hear some pretty terrible stories related to them from their authors. PM me for the authors site I speak of if you're interested.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160595 - 09/22/08 06:31 PM Re: Long time since my last posting, but... [Re: chatty lady]
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
I met with a gal a few days ago who had her children's book published through them. She said it was difficult to get them moving at first, but once she contacted the editor in charge of her book, everything went smoothly and quickly. Her advice was to stay on their case and rattle their cage if I thought they were going too slow.
Thanks for your advice, and I appreciate the warning.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#160771 - 09/24/08 01:53 AM Re: Long time since my last posting, but... [Re: copygal]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
As I said in my PM to you copygal, a writer needn't ever have to police a GOOD and REPUTABLE publisher, not ever. Your friend is in for a very bumpy road, mark my words. Welcome to the AS site too the authors there can be of help to you..

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved