The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#96157 - 11/25/06 12:44 AM Nest filling once more.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So are ther birdies headed back to the nest for the Christmas holidays? What preparations are necessary? Have their rooms been altered in anyway, say a new sewing room for mom? My son was insulted when he moved out to be married and I changed his room to an office. I had to laugh.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#96158 - 11/25/06 04:34 PM Re: Nest filling once more. [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
THE SON is making noises about moving out and living with a bud of his. What a Christmas present! wuhooo! However, I WOULD miss him. But he doesn't have to know I have plans for that room as soon as it's vacant. Not big plans because I've already seen they're like boomarangs. But plans.

#96159 - 11/25/06 05:18 PM Re: Nest filling once more. [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is what's so weird around our home. We have three bedrooms and a bathroom that my husband and I rarely walk in. They are vacant except when the kids are here. We won't make any changes until they get their first jobs in the real world and have their own places.

I know about boomerangs. My siblings have a couple of those!

#96160 - 11/26/06 01:09 AM Re: Nest filling once more.
Pam R. Offline

One of our bedrooms became an office when one of the girls moved out. The other still has a bed with freshly painted walls (bright yellow...that the other daughter hates!) and a beautiful new bedspread. We recently put our grandbeauty's porter crib in there too. Have to make the changes wherever necessary!

Seriously though, both our girls know there is always a bed here for them if it was ever necessary. And yes, I really, really miss them both!

#96161 - 11/26/06 02:14 PM Re: Nest filling once more. [Re: Pam R.]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Pam, I imagine that's the way it will be with our home too. The kids will always know they are welcome. Whatever we do to change things on the home-front, can always be changed back.

#96162 - 11/26/06 03:43 PM Re: Nest filling once more.
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I just keep moving to smaller houses...from 4 bedrooms when the girls were home to 3 and now 2 and one of them is an office!

It's going to be interesting when my daughter, her husband and baby come for the holidays. I'll take the sleeper sofa but where to put the pack and play (or whatever they call them) is a whole other story!

My house is perfect for me and the cat but I'm not sure about 4 and trying to keep the cat away from the baby! LOL I'm still excited!

#96163 - 11/28/06 03:05 PM Re: Nest filling once more. [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jane, I think you've done the right thing to downsize as needed. Maybe they can put the pack and play in your bedroom with them? You're kind to give them your bedroom.

#96164 - 12/10/06 09:38 AM Re: Nest filling once more.
dejavu Offline
journeyman

DD#3 will be home for Christmas break on Tuesday evening. She is bringing a friend and has to go BACK to school on Thursday afternoon as her school's football team is in the championships and has one more game (and she's in the color guard of the band).

Then once she returns, she has a job lined up for during break.

It's been a rough semester for her - roommate woes, several bad colds, a lot of homesickness. She stuck it out, and is making a few changes to hopefully improve things for next semester, but at least she did okay in her classes and should have all A's & B's. (We'll see!) But I admit, I'll be glad to have her home for a few weeks.

#96165 - 12/10/06 02:23 PM Re: Nest filling once more. [Re: dejavu]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dejavu, aren't you excited? Your mention of her rough semester reminds me that so many people think college is all fun and games. I know they have their share of fun, but I also know they study like dogs and work so hard to get through. I give them lots of credit. I know my three are ready for a break. My daughter told me yesterday that she isn't bringing one book home for the holidays. She gets home Thursday. Our oldest drives 9-10 hours home on Sunday, and our youngest flies home the same day. I have lso much I want to get done before they get here.

#96166 - 12/10/06 03:21 PM Re: Nest filling once more.
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Yes, I'm setting aside Tuesday to make things nice for her. Her bedroom is downstairs (we have a ranch house over a daylight basement) so I'm going to make sure it looks welcoming, along with the downstairs bathroom and family room. Since her friend is staying over for 2 nights, they'll probably end up sleeping in the family room anyway (there's a big couch and a futon). Right now, it's clean but no decorations or anything and she wants me to wait until she gets home so she can help decorate. I'll bring down the ornaments and stuff and at least set up the tree (fake) in its stand. Cook stuff she likes. all that. I really do miss her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved