The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#179962 - 04/11/09 04:17 PM What is your skin care and make up regimen?
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
What do you wear on your face in the way of make up? Do you have a "normal day," face and a "dressed up," face?
What products do you use? Mascara? Lipstick?
Is your lipstick coloured or do you use a clear product?

Dancer

powder, at times, blush, lipstick that is coloured. I use retin-A on my skin and moisterizer with a sun block. LOL, and i brush my lips too. cool

"Question your privilege"

#180083 - 04/13/09 03:19 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: dancer9]
Ellemm Offline

My normal days are pretty much like my dressed-up days, except I'll leave off eye makeup.

I use moisturizer on my face and sunblock on my neck -- I burn *really* easily -- makeup and setting powder for the scars, dusting of mineral powder for my regular face, blush, light eyeshadow, and eyeliner on my top lid. For some reason I'm very lazy about mascara. All takes less than 5 minutes.

For my lips, I am lazy and use one color all the time. It's not pink and it's not red and it's not brown; it's just a bit of color and I like it. It's one of those Cover Girl things where you put on the color, let it dry, and follow with a clear shine/moisturizer coat. Stays on all day, which I like a lot. My daughter gave me a nice Burt's bees tinted lip balm and I use that occasionally.

#180103 - 04/13/09 07:06 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Ellemm]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I use Arbonne products to keep my face claan and moisturized. In recent years I wear a light foundation by Clinique, then I use a blush which happens to be a Mac blush right now, a little eyeliner under part of the eye and tad of mascara. Usually a bit of lip balm, and when I feel like it, I use a color on the lips. I used Burt's Bees quite often this winter. I like thier colors, but they don't last long for me.

If I'm getting dressier, I'll add a liner to part of the top lid and maybe a dark circle concealer.

Which Cover GIrl lip product stays on longer?

#180108 - 04/13/09 07:27 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dotsie]
Ellemm Offline

They come in little boxes with two tubes: a lip color and a clear gloss. Color Stay maybe? You'd think I'd know but there's nothing on the tube. I keep a couple of my color around all the time.

#184966 - 06/23/09 02:10 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Ellemm]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Interesting! I've already learned a couple things.

I use that stuff from Signature Club A on HSN - I think it's called 'meltdown' to cleanse. And I also use her tubs of moisturizer. She has packaging that has the face cream in the jar and the eye cream in the lid. That way, I use both at once.

I switch around on makeup. About the time I find something I like, the manufacturer changes it. I usually get whatever is the lightest like porcelain. I always use mascara and fill in my eyebrows. Did I mention how pale I am? If I don't do some color, I'm quite blah. I've used Maybelline Great Lash since high school, I think. I've tried others, but usually end up going back to Great Lash - although Avon has one right now with plastic bristles on the wand that I like, too.

For my eyebrows, I use the pencil from Models Prefer. I've tried several others and can find none better. I don't like it that I have to order them, but they come two to a package and last quite a while.

I always, always have on lipstick. People kids me about that. If I have no other time, I at least put on my lips. I have many tubes of lipstick and love mixing and experimenting.

At night, I use the Signature Club A again and put Vaseline on my lips.

Two changes as I've aged: I've eliminated the makeup (mascara, eyeliner ALL the way across) under my eyes. It tends to draw me down. I use just a tad of eyeliner in the corners about a third of the way in and no mascara. I'm not having hot flashes, but I've seen a few women who ended up with raccoon eyes after one!

The other thing I do now is use a good lipliner. Don't you hate it when you see the lipstick bleeding up and down around the lips? That won't happen if you use a lipliner first.

Next?

#192974 - 11/01/09 12:27 AM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: DonnaJ]
lindasusan Offline

Loc: NJ
I use a number or brands of face cleaners and moisturizers. I apply a light foundation, use blush, and then lightly brush a sun-kissed powder over my face. I use mascara and apply eyeliner. They say as you get older to emphasize the eyes, and use a lighter lipstick. Also, I am always sure to take my vitamin supplements; that helps too.

#193050 - 11/02/09 04:43 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: lindasusan]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I bought a Clairsonic and it's my newest, favorite toy. It leaves my skin so smooth and if you wanted to, you could use it to brush your lips but ladies, be careful doing that! If you have any tendency toward cold sores, you can really mess yourself up!

I'll have to take a physical inventory of my products. I have never stuck to just one brand. My bathroom drawers look like a drug store.

I do know one thing of importance I learned in school. Our skin feeds at night so whatever we put on our face before bedtime is what it will eat (sounds kind of gross, doesn't it?) so I put a Vitamin A serum at night and a Vitamin C serum during the day to protect my skin against free radicals.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#193102 - 11/03/09 05:23 AM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dianne]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Am boring..I stick to a narrow range of brands and types simply because as a teenager I had severe acne.

Hence, as an adult (now that my skin cleared decades ago), I'm highly vigilant on choosing hypoallergic, non-oily and no-fragrance brands. And it must fall within a certain price range. I avoid Revlon, Maybelline and some other brands because there is a fragrance in foundation, lipstick, etc.

I'm incredibly picky because of teenage visits to dermatologist and taking oral tetracycline tablets, specialized soaps and prescription creams. I was on a prescribed daily regime for at least 2 years of my teenage years.

I also cycle outdoors alot, so high number SFP sunblock is important. Again more expensive brands --Ombrelle, Neutrogena that are specifically marketed to all genders and are endorsed/recommended by dermatologists.

Now you know that in the end, I barely wear foundation, mascara. I am bare-faced quite often, even in a workplace. I like my skin to breathe. It is the healthiest this way for me. I glow best in my face, just after a bike ride. i do have a natural skin colour complexion that holds well (not totally beet red) and glows gently after exercise!

Last time I wore mascara was when I was 21 yrs.old. My eyes felt so tired after 5 hrs. It just wasn't worth it for me when my natural hair colour is black and I have the Asian eyefold, not deep-set eyes. I inherited my mother's large dark eyes, so unlike some Asian women, I don't need to make my eyes look 'larger' with eyeliner, etc.

I tend to focus my 'cosmetic' money more on haircuts.

#193107 - 11/03/09 02:20 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, where do you get the A and C serum?

orchid, my daughter also has lareger shaped Asian eye. I love them. I agree that my best healthy look is after walking, or having a glass of wine.

#193128 - 11/03/09 04:05 PM Re: What is your skin care and make up regimen? [Re: Dotsie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Try drugstore.com I buy mine at the school I attended and I believe some of the department stores sell them as well. It's amazing some of the lower prices I've found researching online. I save a ton of money that way.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved