The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#187427 - 07/30/09 06:05 PM Monogrammed anything?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Does anyone wear or use anything that is monogrammed?

As young teens, we had monogrammed wool crew neck sweaters. And I also had a couple of turtleneck sweaters with monograms on them.

I recall a monogrammed pinky ring and bracelet as well.

Mongrammed sheets/pillowcases/towels were "in" too. Are they back??

Edited by Di (07/30/09 06:21 PM)

#187429 - 07/30/09 06:42 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: Di]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
My trenchcoats but not displayed as it is stitched on the lining. They come with a free monogram service on purchase and I never turn down a good offer. Helps identify what is mine at the cleaners.

Mom and Dad had monogrammed towels and bed linen. They're still in pristine condition and kept in the linen closets of their apartment in Manhattan. I still see monogrammed towels in the shops but, only the "His" and "Hers" sort.

#187435 - 07/30/09 07:31 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: Lola]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
When we were growing up, my mother actually sewed our identifying initials on certain underwear so that we could identify our own clean underwear. Made it easier for whichever child had the chore at any time to sort and fold a pile of just-cleaned/air-dried laundry of everyone's clothing.

admittedly outside of this childhood memory, monogramming doesn't sound like a practice in families that I know at all. Actually prior to marriage, a sister had the same first, middle and of course last initial as mine.

#187447 - 07/30/09 09:49 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I inherited monogrammed silverware. And like Lola, have beautiful monogramed bed sheets and pillowcases from my grandmother. They are damask and are still like new. I love the feel of them on my skin. I don't think they make bed sheets and comforter covers like that anymore.
They are offering more free monogram services in alot of stores here too; A pleasant gimmick for a nice custom.

#187479 - 07/31/09 02:23 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think monogramming is definitely back in style. I'm not sure if it's Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn (or both) but I've seen lots of monogramable (how do you like that work) produsts, like glasses, pitchers, ice buckets, etc. I love that look. Very classic.

They also have monagrammed soaps at one of those stoes becasue my son bought some.

Di, you do that too with your soaps, right?

#187480 - 07/31/09 02:24 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Who remembers those purses from the 70s with the wooden handles and all the little buttons so you could use different covers. Were they called Bermuda bags? I remember my older sister had one of those with a monogram.

#187481 - 07/31/09 02:58 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Hmmm, I was kinda getting a feel for how popular monogramming is. I AM considering adding them to our website for Christmas gift ideas. Just small, oval guest size bars. I did those just for your daughter that time, Dotsie. Wanted to see how they turned out.

yeah, I think it's coming back, too. And I do remember those purses w/wooden handles. Not sure of the name, but hey..that is WAY back.

#187509 - 07/31/09 08:08 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: Di]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Your soaps have a particular southwest theme in design. So if you were to offer monogrammed soaps, perhaps seriously consider a letter style that is in keeping with the theme.

You want to stand out, be unique in your product offering. Otherwise just monogrammed typical style,might confuse/dilute your visual branding.

#187511 - 07/31/09 08:45 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: orchid]
Di Offline

thank you, Orchid. We do have a Southwestern-style monogram...same one they use on western leather belts!

Plus, the scents will help. We also will monogram with cowboy hats, boots, horse head, kokopelli, southwest turtle, lizard and more.

I LOVE personalizing a product....we often to custom logs for those who LOVE a scent and just gotta have their own entire log!

#188178 - 08/12/09 08:45 PM Re: Monogrammed anything? [Re: Di]
Louise_Kahle Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
Monogram anything except your clothing. Leave that for the kids.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved