The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#172206 - 01/21/09 05:09 PM Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for...
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
the inaugeration and the formal balls she attended?

What did anyone think of the dress, (yellow/gold,) and the white formal gown she wore to the balls afterward?

What she wears affects the nation, and Europe...so what do you think so far?

Dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (01/21/09 05:10 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#172213 - 01/21/09 06:17 PM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I thought the yellow gold dress quite stunning and just right for such a ceremony...but I did not like her green gloves. Why green gloves? She should have worn gloves that go with the dress.

And I don't care for gowns with one shoulder strap. It always looks abit lopsided to me. The gown looked abit too girly, for my taste. I think something more elegant would have been called for. Does she have an advisor? Maybe you should give her a call , Dancer. lol

#172226 - 01/21/09 08:22 PM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: Edelweiss3]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I agree with you, Edelweiss, on both accounts. I liked the day dress and I didn't like the white dress at all. She used young designers and I think she should have used those with more experience to dress her for this time. She needs a bit of brushing up and professionals with experience can help with that. I admire her need for independence but the pros are the pros! The white dress belonged on a wedding cake. It had too much fabric for her thinner frame. She needed something more fitting and she has a good figure for it. It could have been a wedding dress!

After some time with the older pro's she can find out what works on her and wear those things. I hope she keeps her color in her wardrobe though because pastels and white clearly wipe her out!

One has to give her an A for effort in doing it all by herself. No designer was aware she would wear their dresses so there was not a lot of prep involved, another faux paus. I know she will respond to the public and get some better advise though.

I thought Obama was dressed perfectly for both occasions. Although it is easier for a man, he pulled it off very well.

The girls looked adorable. Their coats were custom made by J. Crew!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#172235 - 01/21/09 10:09 PM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I agree about the evening dress. They looked like a bride and groom instead of a Presdient and First Lady. Plus, it wasn't very flattering, but maybe she doesn't care about that. Wouldn't that be wild?

I didn't think the day dress was appropriate either. It was freezing and she looked dressed for spring.

Those girls are precious. I get a kick out of both of them. Very different looks, and both adorable.

#172254 - 01/21/09 11:40 PM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Her outfit for daytinme needed to be warmer and a deeper color. Plus what was with that broach or whatever it was suppose to be, up under her chin? Totally unfitting for that outfit.

My opinioin of Michelle Obamas way of dressing right from the start was:

NO TASTE and UGLY!!!

Someone needs to take this woman by the hand and teach her, she has NO style what-so-ever and is NOT color conscious either, and there is no excuse because she has and still has an unlimited bankroll to spend on clothes.

Does she not own any mirrors???

And on the View they called Michelle a fashion plate, WHATTTTT???? Where and when???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#172266 - 01/22/09 01:55 AM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I thought she was and is lovely.

#172269 - 01/22/09 02:17 AM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Michelle's height and figure since she is in reasonably good shape, can carry solid bright colours well and classic/sleek tailored lines. Based on what my dim memory can recall from other photos in magazines etc., alot of the times she looks fine.

But the ignaural ball dress actually bewildered me when I first saw her in it. It makes her look like a tall bird with slightly tattered white feathers. Instead she would have looked fantastic in a 1 solid jewel/bright coloured (1 shade) no prints, structured long dress.

In my personal opinion, when you have dark brown/black hair; black, clear skin and not overweight which Michelle fits all criteria, there are certain solid, bright(er) colours that look fantastic. Michelle does follow the latter tendency in many of her other outfits.

#172283 - 01/22/09 02:43 PM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: orchid]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I agree with MustangGal. I thought she was lovely! If she was happy with her dresses, then that is all that matters. I'm sure the dresses looked much different in person than what we saw on TV. We could not see the details as well as someone there. I do recall hearing one of the TV reporters commenting on her yellow dress. They said the jacket was made of wool so she was kept a little bit warmer. Got to hand it to Mrs.Obama, walking and standing around in the cold all day in high heels. OUCH!

As always, the girls were cute as can be! President Obama looked pretty darn dashing himself! smile

#172307 - 01/22/09 05:34 PM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: Cookie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think she's beautiful, just didn't like the choice of clothes for that day and night. I'm anxious to see more of her outfits, and also anxious to see how she becoems involved because I know she will.

Did you hear the Bush girls wrote an open letter to them about living at the White House? That was thoughtful.

#172314 - 01/22/09 05:57 PM Re: Comments on Michelle Obama's clothing for... [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I think her clothes styles makes a statement that one does not HAVE to be glamorous to be the First Lady. I like her style!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved