The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#161570 - 10/02/08 04:16 PM Help me choose my new hair style!
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Okay girls, I'm counting on you! I have a hair appointment next Monday morning (10-5) and I want a change. I have a tendency to cut my hair in layers - hate it - then grow it out to one length - hate it - then cut it into layers again.

Now it is at one length, and it's looking flat and boring. I want a change! Keep in mind that I have a high forehead so I need some sort of bang/fringe. I also have a short neck and a bit of a saggy chinline/neck.

Look at the photos below (done at www.thehairstyler.com) and please tell me your top 3. I want to look younger, up to date, slimmer, longer neck - you know, like a star!

You have until Sunday night to vote, and I'll post a pic of the final do on Monday afternoon. (Gosh, haircuts never turn out the way you think they will, do they? I guess it always grows out, right?)

Thanks!!! Kathy

#161571 - 10/02/08 04:29 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Kathy, this is wild! You look cool in all of them,...especialy the last one hahaha.
Frankly, I think the frenzied layer look, looks best on young smooth skin. Otherwise it's too many layers on the skin, and on the hair. Believe me; I'm speaking of myself here.

But still, I think you look the youngest and freshest in number 10. I have a similiar haircut, and sometimes I put the hair behind my ears, and like a little sideburn, a few frenzies strands, infront of my ears. The blond strands liven it up really nice. Hey pretty lady, have fun!

#161572 - 10/02/08 05:32 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
For the shaggy look which looks great on you, I like 3 and 7.

I also like 10 if you're going for a more conservative look.

3 and 7 are funky and fun
10 is conservative

But I'm thinking that if you got 3 or 7, you could make it look like 10 if you blew it down and flatter. Know what I mean? That way you could get both looks.

#161573 - 10/02/08 05:37 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Thanks! I'm purposely not going to comment on the ones I like until Sunday, just so you all aren't influenced by me. These were all arranged in no particular order.

Kathy

#161582 - 10/02/08 06:36 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I like 1, 7 and 9. I think 7 looks versatile enough to wear it several different ways.

(Maya Angelou)

#161587 - 10/02/08 06:54 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
3, 5, 6, and 9 ARE OUT. Don't go there.

11 is the one....whattt?

Okay, okay...

#7, hands down...

#161599 - 10/02/08 07:22 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: jawjaw]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I vote for #7! Very cute. I wish I could get a style like that, but I have curly hair and it has a mind of it's own. frown

#161612 - 10/02/08 08:22 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: Cookie]
JackieG Offline

Hi, I'm in agreement with everyone about number 7, but I also like number 1...

#161617 - 10/02/08 09:21 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: JackieG]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hey there gorgeous

I'm for #7...love it! And it looks like it could be versatile, depending on how you choose to style it on a given day. of course, that comes from someone who has very thick hair and MUST have lots of layers or I don't get much of any style!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#161618 - 10/02/08 09:26 PM Re: Help me choose my new hair style! [Re: Mama Red]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Kathy, I am like you..layered/ hate it. One length...tired of it etc.

I always tend to go back to something like 10, except I do NOT wear bangs anymore. DH says he wants to SEE my whole face! LOL!!

The one length is great, plus I can DO stuff to it AND wear it down, curled either under OR up......in the back. I love it!!

Have fun.....new hair is always a great way to FEEL great!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved