The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#155175 - 08/01/08 11:51 PM Hair styles and faces shapes!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Do you know the shape of your face and what styles work with it?
Here is how you find your face shape:

First measure your face horizontally:
measure the width of your cheekbones at their widest and write that number down.
Next measure accross your jaw bone at that level and write that down.
Now measure the widest part of your forehead just above your brow line.
Lastly, measure from your hairline to the bottom of your chin, keeping all numbers

Oval face: face length is about one and one half inch longer than the width.

Round face: length and width are about the same.

Square face: width of forehead and jawline are about the same.

Heartshaped: accross your cheekbones and forehead will be the widest and your jaw line will be small.

If anyone is interested in hairstyles for each shape, let me know. Still it is good to know your face shape!

D9 again!

"Question your privilege"

#155176 - 08/02/08 10:25 AM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes! [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
When you say measure your cheekbones, do you mean all the way back to your hairline?

Once we know what shape face we have, do you help us figure out the right hair style?

#155177 - 08/02/08 05:59 PM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes!
dancer9 Offline

When I said to measure your forehead and chin, etc, don't wrap the tape measure around your face. Just eye ball it in a mirror and holding the tape measure sraight, just measure that width, as if it were a flat surface.
And yes, Dotsie, I can give ideas for all face shapes:]
My grandmother owned a hair salon in Santa Barbara,CA and
one of my closest friends is a hairdresser who sings and, I was a hair model internationally for 15 years!
I thought options for everyone would be fun!

Dancer, who has an Oval face!

#155178 - 08/02/08 09:12 PM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes! [Re: dancer9]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Oh my Dancer. I was JUST thinking that I need to start a thread about face shapes/hairdo's and here you are!

I have, I believe, a long oval face.

I need a new "do"!!

#155179 - 08/03/08 01:28 AM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes! [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

Dear Di,
If you have an oval face, hooray! You can wear any hairstyle you want! Long, short, it all works with your face! The only thing you need to watch out for are hairstyles that would hid your eyes. Because those of us who have oval faces are pretty much balanced, it's easy for our eyes to be covered by bangs or layers that are cut close to the eye level.
So ~ How do you wear your hair now and what is your style?

Conservative,
Quirky,
Creative Artist,
Conservative with a twist
We can find a style for you by knowing your sytle!
I suggest, and I have an oval face too, that you don't have bangs. If we don't, it actually opens up our eyes and shows them better. Our face is also framed well without bangs messing with our oval shape!
Anomaly

#155180 - 08/03/08 01:58 AM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes! [Re: dancer9]
Di Offline

No bangs. I did away w/them years ago. Actually, DH asked me to let them grow out'cause he wanted to see my face!

Right now I'm growing it out into a "bob". I think that is best. With the wonderful humidity (tongue-in-cheek) we are getting in NM, my hair is frizzing out! But I like it one length.....just at the end of my neck. I cut my own length and, when it's at the right length for which I am looking, I'll go and have it manicured.

#155181 - 08/03/08 04:46 AM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes! [Re: Di]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Dancer, I've never been able to determine exactly what face shape I have. At times it looks square to me; some times round; then at other times, when my weight is lower, it looks somewhat heart shaped, showing my cheekbones. How can one be sure?

#155182 - 08/04/08 01:32 AM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes! [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

Gims, Use those measurements I posted in my first post here to measure your face and it will tell you exactly what face shape you have.
It's important to know your face shape to help you find hair cut that is flattering to you. It also helps to know because styles of clothes flatter you better with certain face shapes. If you look above, I have carefully listed how to measure your face and below, how to interpret those numbers and tell what shape your face is.

Di, I am in Arizona and I KNOW what you mean about that frizz. I have two words for you: CHI, silk infusion.
This product will SAVE your hair and make it beautiful! You and I have about the same hair. One bottle will last you years and it is magic for hair, just magic.
Take a small amount, just a few drops, and put it on your hair when you've washed it and conditioned it. It will make your hair beautiful, no matter how you style it. If you use it on your hair when it is dry, just a BIT, it will make your hair gleam and get rid of all fly aways. Make the investment in this product and you will thank yourself over and over. We live in the same weather, I get it!
You can find the product on line at places that carry hair products or "google," it and you can find it's web site.
I have used SO many hair products and this is the one that is needed, and only it!
If you want a bob, have you thought about updating it and making the ends hang straight instead of curling under? With your face shape, you can do it and look very modern. Also, you can take that same bob and make it curl UP, which is a new look too and your face will support it well. Just ideas for you.
A straightening iron used with CHI oil will make your hair gleam and not damage it. You could straighten it, using the oil first, ( just a BIT) and wear your hair for DAYS without touching it.
I know bobs in the desert!
If you check my website there MAY be modeling shots with my hair bobbed, if they have gotten them posted there yet.

Think about changing the ends of your hair at that length, you may like it and you can wear your hair any way you like!

How long is your hair?

Dancer9

#155183 - 08/04/08 01:36 AM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes! [Re: dancer9]
Di Offline

Ooooo I like the straight and the curling up. I have curled it up (using a curling iron) and both I and DH love it! I normally do not blow-dry my hair. I need it to be fast and easy since we get up for the market days at 4:30 am. I shower/wash hair at night. I need to get up and go. But I have spritzed my hair.

It is just at the nape of my neck. Full but short. This summer heat is NOT fun to have hair hanging, as you well know.

I use barrettes a lot, too. Get it off my face.

#155313 - 08/06/08 09:04 PM Re: Hair styles and faces shapes! [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Di!
I do have a suggestion or two!
If you do your hair at night, it will stay for you all day and the next, probably three days!

If your hair is cut to curl up, all you have to do is use that oil on your hair, when it's wet, the way I described, ( I have thick hair too!) After that, blow dry your hair at night, curling the ends up. Everytime you use the round brush to curl the ends up, use your cold shot on your blow dryer to cool it off. Or, if you don't have that cold shot button on your dryer, keep it in the round brush for a few seconds to let it cool off.
That sets the curl and causes it to stay, no matter what! The next day when you wake up, you should be able to comb it or brush it and go! If a curl is out of place, just hit it with your blowdryer, while dry, and while on your round brush, heat it up again and let it cool just a bit on the brush again. It will stay for you for days, it really will!
What we do with our hair says a lot about ourselves. Since your face is oval, and you can wear any style, and it's thick, it must be beautiful!
You can make it a bit more beautiful and healthy and not take too much time out of your routine.
I do mine and it lasts three or four days!

Dancer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved