http://www.lhj.com/lhj/file.jhtml?item=/...le&temp=yes

You can try hairstyles on the above link. There are other sites that allow you to do the same.

The truth is that there are only a few basic haircuts and the rest are just "tweaking," those few haircuts! They are combined to make a sytle, or they are made longer, at an angle, or modified in some way! What you need is a GOOD cutter and you can modify any haircut, or any hair length to fit your face.

The old rules don't hold true for face shapes. There is a type of hair that is best for holding styles and cuts and there is a type of face shape that can wear any hair style. ( If you want to know, just ask.)

Are you thinking of changing your hair?

To grow bangs out, one needs trims every six months to blend them into your hair cut. Other wise, bangs seem awkward. Bangs need trimming, as short cuts do, every four weeks. If you have long hair, in good shape, you only need a trim every 8 weeks.
Don't EVER pull on your hair. Don't use high heat on your hair without a protectant to help it withstand the heat,
( I can recommend some.) Don't use a lot of product on your hair and then wash it every day for you will strip your colour while loosing more hair. Do not brush your hair unless you absolutely need to. ( I brush my hair once a day, period.) With a good cut, one should only need to put it in place and trust it will stay in a good style all day long.

Many people think that thier hair can be cut to accomadate a wave but this is not possible. Your hair can grow a quarter inch and your wave will change directions and change your do.

Using over the counter dyes will put metals in your hair that damage it and make it dull. You can heal your hair though, almost from any damage. If you have used over the counter dyes, try to find a hair dresser who will dye your hair and buy the products for you to purchase from him/her, so you can do your roots by yourself and not damage your hair!

To apply bleach is one of the most damaging things you can do to hair. Try to limit bleach, esp. if you do it yourself, to highlights every three months. Your hair dresser, unless they are world class, should not want to high light your hair but every third month too.

If you have damaged hair and want to heal it, just ask me and I'll give you a regimen to heal it.

I was a hair model for 15 years which is why I know so much about it. I had my hair changed every third cut and appeared on runway, commercials and live events showing my hair. My hair was done by an International hairdresser. The only drag was that my hair was always changing cuts and colours! It was in great shape though and I have a hairdresser who comes to my home now, since I broke my neck, to keep it in shape.

Trim every six weeks, four if your hair is short. Do roots every four weeks if you have a lot of gray and every six weeks if you have less gray.

Don't saturate your hair with dye when you colour it, more does not make it stay or colour any more that way. SLIGHTLY wet hair takes dye better, and that is very misted hair, almost dry.

It is a myth that women of a certain age should wear short styles! Don't fall into that trap! Longer styles can be cut a certain way to flatter your face and not "drag it down," and if you ask me I'll give you some ideas!

Any hair questions or ideas, shoot um my way!

Love to all,
Dancer, who loves this stuff, it's like costuming. (so long as it's all in fun.)

"Question your privilege"