The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#147892 - 05/05/08 06:31 PM green mascara?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I checked at Mac and they no longer have green mascara. Just wondering if anyone knows who else might carry it, or is it outdated? I remember it from high school.

#147893 - 05/05/08 08:41 PM Re: green mascara?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Or Dotsie you could buy a green eye pencil and black mascara. Just draw a very thin line over the top of your eyelashes and one on the bottom lashes with the green pencil, then use black mascara on the lashes. It will make your eyes look greener. I do this with blues...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#147894 - 05/05/08 09:13 PM Re: green mascara? [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Okay, sorry, NO colored mascara for me. It reminds me of Nona from high school who always wore bright blue mascara and flirted with all the guys. She actually slept with one of my boyfriends (since I wouldn't, I guess he had to find someone!).

So, blue mascara = bad memories. Plus I think it looks kind of tacky. But then I'm no fashion maven so who am I to say?

Kathy

#147895 - 05/05/08 09:45 PM Re: green mascara? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
But Chatty's idea of colored liner sounds good....

#147896 - 05/06/08 03:47 AM Re: green mascara? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, what look are you trying to achieve? Whatever it is, I don't think green mascara is the answer. Eye liner or eye shadow maybe, but in a carefully chosen shade, best done at a counter. I read the entire previous thread on mascara and I must have missed the highest and best recommendation. They say that make up artists use Maybelline in the pink and green tube, but it makes my eyes itch now, just as it did over 30 years ago. I am currentlyof very frustrated with mascara. So, let's start again: what mascara(s) have you had success with, meaning no clumping, bumping, chipping, or flaking. P.S. Kathy, sorry to hear about little miss tacky.

#147897 - 05/06/08 10:30 PM Re: green mascara? [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Princess try one of the hypo alergic brands and that may help the itching. To prevent any clumping make sure your brush is not clumped with mascara, put it on in coats, one and then wait a minute and put on another. I have extremely long lashes but they are blonde and practically invisible so I use black mascara and never have clumps. I use the Maybelline pink ands green one. There are many brands that don't clump but if itchy eyes plague you I wouldn't bother with them...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#147898 - 05/07/08 01:04 AM Re: green mascara? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks Chatty. Yes the green & pink. I used it in my 20's and I thought I'd try it again, 30 years later. But it's true I need hypo allergenic. I am wondering what the others are using?

#147899 - 05/09/08 01:13 PM Re: green mascara? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer suggested it in another thread so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It sounds tacky to me, but I have green eyes so I thought I'd try it. Trust me, this is a step on the wild side. I haven't used color on my eyes since the late 70s and very rarely back then. I think the only makeup I wore for my wedding was black mascara.

Kathy, loved your comment about your boyfriend. I was a good girl too.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved