The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#140223 - 01/29/08 11:45 PM What is your style of dressing? Poll
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Clothes make the woman! Which of these might be you?
Why is that?
Are you
You may choose only one (11 total votes)
Glam - 0 (0%)
Bohemian/Hippie ;) - 1 (09%)
Sporty - 2 (18%)
Conservative - 5 (45%)
Eccentric - 1 (09%)
Whatever is clean - 2 (18%)

"Question your privilege"

#140224 - 01/30/08 12:07 AM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Style isn't the issue for me, so mine would fall under comfortable, but nice.

#140225 - 01/30/08 12:25 AM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I don't think I've ever figured out what my style is...when I was single, I was too poor to buy new clothes, so always bought second-hand; when I got married, I started to buy nicer stuff, but then we end up giving almost everything away when we go to Cuba, even the shoes off our feet (I always bring a spare pair of cheap flip-flops...that's often all I have left to wear back home.)

So I don't have any style...whatever's on sale in my size and a colour I like!

But I do like to look nice...

(Maya Angelou)

#140226 - 01/30/08 06:36 AM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Probably classic, conservative. That's why I still wear pieces from...10-15 years ago.

Just to give you an idea what I wore to work (in an office at a construction site) in past few days:

same old black chino casual pants too baggy in the bum (honest the lycra in pant has stretched abit) and different coloured turtlenecks each day...solid colours: dove light grey, next day: deep ultramarine blue and today: deep royal purple. Then wore a fitted fleecy jacket on top...building heating isn't perfect. Purple leather tie-up walking shoes that are bunged up from walking across rocky gravel and mud...every day. (Please I don't want to invest in steel-toe workboots for a 15 min. walk across construction mess.) Earrings: a pair of dangling, silvery arty triangles and last few days, a pair of tiny silvery leafy tree boughs.

Yea...fashion at work.

#140227 - 01/30/08 08:43 AM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: orchid]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
There are two style me's -- the one who sits at home most days working on jewelry or computer, and the one who actually goes out now and then. The first me is wearing sweats. The 2nd me has all sorts of bright funky stuff.

My wardrobe probably contains items in all categories except glam. Maybe I have some glam items, but I'd pair them with hand-painted Converse or something more arty.

Poet and essayist

#140228 - 01/30/08 09:18 AM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: meredithbead]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I'm with Eagle and Meredith somewhat. The "two me's"! My home attire if I know I'll be hidden away can be quite scary. I'm also a person who loves the backyard and my gardens! I have my conservative clothes for work or business and I have some items that would make your jaw drop when I'm going out on the town!

#140229 - 01/30/08 10:29 AM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Like most of you, I love to be comfy at home. I usually wear jeans and a pretty t-shirt.

When I go out, I like to look chic...but I pulled that off better when I was younger. I really don't like to stand out in a crowd, so I go more the conservative style.

About half an hour ride from us is a Spa City. I don’t know if they have anything like that in the States. There are hundreds of luxurious hotels with gigantic bathing facilities. Wellness, cafés, and flowers islands, are seen everywhere. Outside, concerts take place and a wide pedestrian area is there for people to flaunt their stuff. You don’t see jeans here. Beautiful boutiques with unusual and classy clothes are lined up along the boulevard. You can find the best quality and one of a kind items. The prices?…Well that’s another story, but I have learned quality does pay off.

Here’s a link if anyone is interested: They even have virtual tours. SPA CITY

#140230 - 01/30/08 01:40 PM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: Edelweiss]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
There are two me's, too. But everyday dress and go-in-public dress are both sporty, because I like to be comfortable. I was raised on a farm; I don't know how to be glamorous. Cows and horses don't give a rat's butt what you look like.

#140231 - 01/30/08 04:50 PM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

There are those who say they don't care about their clothing. This can make those of us who do feel badly, like we are focused on ourselves instead of on the art of dressing. Everyone cares about dressing. It may be the color of their sweat shirt, or the clothes they wear when working out. They DO care if their clothing is comfortable sometimes or if it fits. They care about color, fit, and sometimes where it is made.

No matter who tells you that they don't care about such things, look at them and what they wear, they won't have picked any old thing out of goodwill! They will not be wearing their husband's or neighbors big ol baggy pants! They will be wearing a color they like, or matching things or even a sweat suit of the same color!

It is too long a cop-out that women use to say they don't care about fashion, they do. If not, they would let their hair grown down as long as it can and never trim it, wear any clothing they find, and in any color they find it in! They would never shave their legs or anywhere,and their faces would have mustashes or beards and their skin would be dirty.

They do care, ladies. Don't feel badly about yourself if you choose to put your best look forward, it makes the world beautiful and colors your personality it's own shade.

Never feel guilty about caring about how you look and about your body!

dancer

#140232 - 01/30/08 04:59 PM Re: What is your style of dressing? Poll [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

You should be able to pick two styles...
dancer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved