The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#135686 - 12/26/07 07:49 PM Party dressing, New Years Eve???
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Who is going out New Years Eve!? I just love holiday dressing. Where will you go, and better yet, what will you wear??

dancer, playing again.

"Question your privilege"

#135687 - 12/26/07 09:02 PM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve??? [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, we are staying home and having two other couples here for a nice dinner. What will I wear? Probably balck dress pants and one of the many black sorta dressy tops I have, with a little big of jewelry.

What are you doing? Going dancing?

#135688 - 12/27/07 12:00 AM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve???
dancer9 Offline

Challange to Dotsie:
To go to that party and wear, with your black skirt, a red, or yellow, or lavender or white, or, (your get the idea,)
sequined or decorative top! You would break up your usual and feel like the life of the party. I see your smile, you would be lovely in a bright colored shiny top with your black skirt and don't forget the black pumps! Your hair and smile will light up the look!

Me? I'm going to a part too. I've not decided what to wear yet because I've too many choices. It's not formal so I am getting the chance this year to wear non-formal wear for New Years! I have this lovely floor length, worn, faded denium, designer skirt that goes to the floor and has a train! Hmmm, maybe a top with my Ralph Lauren washed soft denium floor length skirt with a train and some top or blouse I've not thought of yet...
I'll let you know! I wear some things, I'll tell you!
I had better start throwing some pictures up here now and again! They are on my site. I love to wear clothing for the art of it.
dancer9

#135689 - 12/27/07 12:11 AM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve??? [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I keep getting the feeling that we have Liza Minelli here, but D9 is much younger and way prettier. You should all visit her web site. It is an amazing display of enormous creativity. She says she's dedicated to performing arts, but there is a section on visual arts as well. One could spend hours viewing her generous site. Signed, A Fan

#135690 - 12/27/07 12:15 AM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve??? [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Thank you, Princess, that was very kind.
I so love to wear clothing, as I say, for the art of it, so there are new photos there and more will appear. I did turn up on the front of the business section in the Sunday paper here for what I was wearing about six months ago! It was quite embarrassing but my friends loved it!

I am the boomer model for some places. I don't mind, so long as it's not taken too seriously. It helps that I dance.

And then there is you, Princess, who is lovely! And with your new haircut you will be really happening and the one to know!
How is your new look coming? The make up? I've ideas for your clothing too! I'm sure you will look even more beautiful with the changes but you have the genes already!

dancer

#135691 - 12/27/07 12:59 AM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve??? [Re: dancer9]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
My guy has booked us at a downtown denver hotel where they are hosting the hottest new years eve party in denver.

It will be my first new years out in forever!

The yucky news is, with falling in love, I've gotten a little, ah, fluffy. argh.

I DO NOT WANT TO WEAR A LITTLE STRAPPY DRESS THAT SHOWS MY FLUFFY ARMS!

I have a lovely elegant lace/sparkly top from Coldwell Creek - and am looking for a fancy camesole and black long skirt to wear. I'm going for elegant.

Looking forward to the evening - trying to learn to love myself even in my fluffy state (but am also working towards being healthy).

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#135692 - 12/27/07 05:14 AM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve??? [Re: Danita]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
We get to see spectacular fire works right from our house. They last at least 40 minutes. So the entire neighbourhood gathers outside with their warmest coats and boots on. We drink champagne and sometimes get a little tipsy. Usually one of us invites the rest over to the house bar, and then we continue to celebrate a few more hours.

Dancer, a denium skirt with a train? That’s wild. With your figure, you could probably wear a plastic bag and look good.

#135693 - 12/27/07 05:20 AM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve??? [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
We will probably be babysitting again this year... or popping firecrackers with the grandchildren. It hasn't been determined yet.
We like to be home to put our quarter over the door and eat our black eyed peas and cabbage...

#135694 - 12/27/07 12:25 PM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve??? [Re: gims]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Sometimes we've been known to decide to go out a few hours before but at this point there are no plans other than cook up something really nice and sit by the fire and probably watch the ball drop at Times Square on tv. If that's the case, I'll be in my jeans!

#135695 - 12/27/07 06:38 PM Re: Party dressing, New Years Eve??? [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

sounds fun, Gim!
dancer9

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved