The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#136953 - 01/06/08 04:42 PM Hair cut costs
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I got my hair washed, cut short (about 4 inches taken off) and blown dry. It is a cut with layers which does require hairstylist expertise.

I nearly fell over --it was $70.00CAN. My hairdresser had been giving me discount last few years to keep me as a customer and she showed me advertising pamphlet that she gives out for lst time.

I did pay it since she is a skilled/experienced hairstylist.

#136954 - 01/06/08 04:45 PM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
OMGOSH! But you know what, you are so right. Hair cutting cost have skyrocketed. I use to get a good wash, cut, and style for around 20.00 bucks, now the "best" stylist are around 40-70 here, depending on who you go to.

I cut my own last month. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

Now I look like a boy with teeth and boobs. Pay the money. Lesson learned.

#136955 - 01/06/08 05:17 PM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, some of the best looking boys around here have boobs! Do not cut your own hair or wax or your own lip! When will we girls learn?

I, too paid 70$ for a cut last week. I was shocked. But it was a great cut, and I probably will go back, but not as often as I used to go.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#136956 - 01/06/08 05:33 PM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: Anno]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
$6 here!!!

#136957 - 01/06/08 05:43 PM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: Anno]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
70$ for a haircut!!! OMG, I guess that's why my curly hair looks so bad. I haven't paid enough for a good cut. I pay $20 ....$25 tops! I have cut my own hair in the past too, and have discovered that I can cut it as bad as the stylists that I have been too.

#136958 - 01/06/08 07:44 PM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: Cookie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anno, that was funny about boys with boobs! I had a similar experience to Orchid's last week. In the same salon, but with a different stylist, I paid $40.00 or less for a haircut. The next stylist charged $60.00, considering that she was a master stylist and made a few layers. She did not tell me ahead of time. I could tip her only $5.00. I will not go back to her without an understanding of her costs. And, I do wax my upper lip (as discussed endlessly in another thread) but I don't do my brows myself, when needed.

#136959 - 01/06/08 08:36 PM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Well, Because I am a hair model and my hairdresser pretty much does her thing on my head, AND she comes to my home, I pay 20.00 LOL.
I have a great deal. I just surrender my hair to the top cutter of the salon that is international and I pay 20.00 for a tip,
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#136961 - 01/06/08 10:41 PM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Every few years, I decide to get a professional cut (usually when a new place opens and has great intro prices) but usually I do it myself.
1. there isn't that much hair (thin, baby-fine) so ergo there is not much you can do with it.
2. I actually enjoy cutting it. I do variations on my basic theme and ... really don't care. If I don't like the cut, I redo it the next week (or whenever I get annoyed enough.) if I don't like the cut because I mowed down too much -- it's just hair, and it grows back! I learned not to be precious about it after losing all during chemo.

Poet and essayist

#136962 - 01/06/08 11:36 PM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: meredithbead]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have my hair cut and roots done every 5 weeks. My hair grows fast. I am there for 2 1/2 - 3 hours depending on how busy he is. It takes 45 minutes alone for the color to come up on my hair. I have a wonderful conditioning shampoo, then cut, blown dry and it takes a while with the curling iron, especially when I have it longer like right now. His prices went up recently. With tip - $110. He's been doing my hair for about 15 years now. He owns the shop and it's just him and his wife. She does the shampoos and takes care of the appointments, etc. I am so relaxed when I go there. I know them and some of the customers so well. We chat and have coffee and I enjoy the time I spend there. Most people know not to bother me when I'm having my hair done. Every once in a while, when I need the body and curl, I perm it. I do my own perms. He says I do an excellent job on it. (Been doing it since I was 14) At least I save in that area.

#136963 - 01/07/08 12:07 AM Re: Hair cut costs [Re: Louisa]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Louisa,
Sounds like you have a great hairdresser! You must be VERY talented to be able to do a perm, I'm impressed!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved