The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#134404 - 12/11/07 12:29 AM Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I get so creative around the holidays. It's time, on the new year to make some changes for me, so I had some ideas for everyone.

- Change your hair for a day. If it's long and you wear it down, put it up, if it's short and you wear it soft, make it more spikey with gel. If it's curly and you blow it straight, let it curl!
Ideas:
Hair with some wave of any length is loads of fun if you fix it like this:
After you wash your hair, towel dry it and put a load of gel on it, I mean a LOT so that your hair is covered in gel. Squeeze your hair in your fists as you blow dry it and don't let the hot air hit your hair unless it is scrunched up in your fist. If you air dry, keep tossing your head and resist touching it and styling it! After your hair is dry, take a look at it! If you like what it did on it's own, keep it that way with hairspray. If you don't, take a hair pick and comb through it making it soft but still curly. After you get it to a shape you like, and don't mess with it too much, take a bit of shine product and squeeze it onto your hair in fists to keep it curly. Wear your hair naturally that way for a day! The next day it can look even better, you have a 50-50 chance! If it does not look good, just wet it again with a spray bottle and scrunch it again!

Get a flat iron and blow dry your hair and then flat iron it for the first time! All you need to do is wash your hair, use a good conditioner and then use your flat iron to iron pieces until it is straight as a board all over! Your hair will be so long it will surprise you!

There are only about seven hair cuts and all our hairdresser does is play with those hair cuts and change them in certain ways. This means we can choose to change how we style it and look like someone we might have thought had a good hair style with little effort.

Try air drying your hair and if it's long enough, put it up. If it's not long enough but close, put up some of it and leave the rest hanging with no particular style. This looks like "just woke up," hair and there is a certain charm and sexiness to that look!
Dare to change your hair and then tell us what you did for that day!

Try wearing a length you never wear. Wear a skirt or dress to the floor. If you look, you can find all sorts of long skirts and dresses that go to the floor but are not evening wear. It feels so good to have fabric like velvet, for example, flowing around your legs! Buy a long skirt and put a top you like with it and wear that to a party.
Wear a shorter skirt and use tights of a different color with it! Try the look of not matching your hose or tights to what you are wearing! Use burgandy with black! Use black tights and a black sweater with winter white! Use navy with black. Get creative with your leg wear and tell us what you mixed together!

If you wear mascara everyday, take a day off! It looks very soft and sweet to wear no mascara and to use a dark eye shadow on your lid close to the lashes. If you use a shadow there you still look like you have made up eyes but in a soft and appealing way!

If you wear lipstick, try a day without it! Use a lip pencil, for example, that is natural and line your lips with it and fill them in. Then take any lip conditioner and put that over your lip pencil for a little bit of color. Or, take your lipstick and apply it lightly with your little finger. Put a lip conditioner over that and try wearing soft lips, it's a really nice look.

Try wearing one color head to toe! Go to a party in head to toe one color! It's glamorous and it's fun! Get an outfit together that is monochrome and go for it. The most fun? All winter white! Winter white is so refreshing and worn from head to toe is so sleek, I love it!

Wear ALL your jewelry! Well...not all of it, but a LOT! It looks great to wear jeans or casual clothing and to cover yourself with either silver jewelry or gold! It is a great look to pile it on for the holidays and you can wear it like that everyday and make it a signiture for a month or so! Use it all together and if you are a jean's wearer, you've got it goin' on!

Buy a flowy skirt! Make it long, ballet length or floor length and get a fabric that moves and is light as air. Or use a light velvet that will move about as you walk! Wear it with a tunic top or an oversized sweater!

I have a list of new products that are good. I sometimes get new products sent to me by friends in the business, (as well as clothing!) I'll share some of those I like next!

Change up for the holidays! Wear a blazer with your party dress!

Let me know what you change! It's a challange you can enjoy!

dancer9

Edited by dancer9 (12/11/07 12:40 AM)

"Question your privilege"

#134405 - 12/11/07 01:18 AM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: dancer9]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Does wearing reindeer antlers count?

#134406 - 12/11/07 08:37 AM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
lol gimster...

You got me motivated Dancer! You rock!

#134407 - 12/11/07 05:21 PM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

I'm so glad, Hannelore!
dancer9

#134408 - 12/11/07 05:26 PM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: dancer9]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Goodness, I haven't done anything different with my appearance for SOOOOO long! Thanks for the inspiration dancer! xxx

#134409 - 12/11/07 05:44 PM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

Gimster,
Elf ears would be better.
dancer9

#134410 - 12/11/07 07:03 PM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I laughed out loud when I read this:
Wear ALL your jewelry!
before I got to the rest of the statement.

You wouldn't be able to see me. I'm not sure I'd be able to walk. Provided I COULD walk, I'd look like a rolling jewelry display kiosk.

So for the holiday look, do I need to switch the price tags to gold lame`?

Poet and essayist

#134411 - 12/12/07 06:30 PM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

LOL, Meredith! I sure should have singled you out!
Meredith: Wear A LOT of your jewelry!
dancer9
P.S. Everyone else wear a lot of Meredith's jewelry too!

#134412 - 12/12/07 06:41 PM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: dancer9]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Love your thoughts and ideas as always, dancer. Thanks for a little much needed inspiration especially for winter....time to jazz up....it also makes me feel better when I do!

#134413 - 12/12/07 06:58 PM Re: Fun style ideas for the holidays and New Year! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Great Lady Jane!
Make the change and let's hear about it!
Anyone else?
dancer9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved