The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#131627 - 11/11/07 07:32 PM Fashion to try this season
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Think about trying:

Hats, any kind but especially those from the 20's

Deep Red nail polish. Apple red for those with fair skin and Blue Red for those with skin with some color

A short sleeve sweater pulled over your long sleeved blouse!
Looks good and "new," and has an edgy way about it!

Gray Tights with clothing that is a nuetral! Lots of gray choices out there for legs, even shiny gunmetal tights by DKNY.

"Done hair," Hair that is curled and smoothed and worn like Veronica Lake's!

A sparkled top with some pants, even jeans! Lots of sparkles out there now at any price point! Use black for safety and use colors to be gutsy!

Flat-ish boots with your clothing. Almost every high end boot has been shown with no heel or a low, low heel. If you can adjust, they look classy, are comfy, and give you a cute, approachable look!

Big jewelry! Necklaces that are THERE! ( Like Merebithbeads!) Big statement necklaces with plain dresses or tops!

A beret! Yes, it's a year for a beret so break one out!

A brooch! Break them out and where them on your hats, your clothing, and your purses where you can!

A "matte," face. Get some "Bare Essentials," ( Sephora.com, or it's own site,) and brush it on for a great face that feels bare. It works! It's magic for older skin too! Get a good mineral make up so it looks believeable and so that the color is true.

A short peacoat! This one, I really recommend for someone like Orchid! It would be smashing, Orchid! Get a petit one and wear it with your favorite winter scarf. One is very cool who is know by one piece, for example a scarf you always wear or a coat.

a cut off jacket. Every jacket type, even a trench, is available in a "cut off," version that is short and to the waist. They slim down your bottom half and look, well...cute at any age. Look in stores not so expensive, they will be there!

Try wearing green for Christmas this time! For Christmas one needs a black dress for parties and a green sweater in Jade would be nice instead of the red we always see! The black dress you need, Dianne, and the Jade, well, Orchid, I can see you in that, as well as Mountain Ash!

More, soon!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#131628 - 11/11/07 07:46 PM Re: Fashion to try this season [Re: dancer9]
Mountain Ash Offline

Yes the beret..but yesterday I went to a continental market and got a hat from a French stall.She hat others but my has layers like folds. I wear brooches..yes in a beret and on my long cardigans.Bigger the better.My treat is cashmere..one thing about Scotland is that there are many woollen mills.There was one near sadly shut now..imports made it impossible to compete.There was a seconds dept. and even careful checking did not show flaws.Some times it was only the shade different.Miss that lovely place.There are still other places..
Mountain ash

#131629 - 11/11/07 08:49 PM Re: Fashion to try this season [Re: Mountain Ash]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Lots of lovely ideas dancer!

I was trying on knitted baker-style hats the other day...my teenage daughter was in fits of laughter...apparantly I don't suit them...cheeky monkey! I have yet to find a hat style which suits me...but I'm gonna keep looking!

#131630 - 11/11/07 11:42 PM Re: Fashion to try this season [Re: Countrygirl]
dancer9 Offline

Country Girl, What sort of clothing do you wear? We can find a hat style from that! Where do you go the most, a hat can fit in with a lifestyle!
dancer

Edited by dancer9 (11/11/07 11:43 PM)

#131631 - 11/11/07 11:52 PM Re: Fashion to try this season [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Lovely Mountain Ash,Is there anything more wonderful than cashmire? No, no, it rules! I love it, in dresses, sweaters, blankets, anything, esp. pajamas! A woman cannot have enough, can she?
dancer

#131632 - 11/13/07 06:10 AM Re: Fashion to try this season [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I actually do have a peacoat, just hits me below bum. Have had it for over 10 years. And it's in bright red with brassy buttons. I wear a bright royal blue beret, tuck in royal blue bright scarf or have worn felt pillbox hat of same blue shade. Have worn bright royal blue matching gloves with it. The whole combination lifts me out of my winter blues. Yes, it is very striking combo ..for anyone with dark /black hair. People cannot miss you in a snowstorm.

I do love hats. Have a brocade velvet hat in deep red maroon that has a crushed floppy top. Used to have a bright red felt hat with a small brim....but it got stained!!

Unfortunately Vancouver is too mild to being wearing such hats that often. When I'm up in mountains I have to wear more practical hats when I'm snowshoeing about.. since I sweat and need to keep my ears/head warm. Doesn't do much for hairstyle shape, but no matter if it's a fitness related activity.

#131633 - 11/13/07 06:52 PM Re: Fashion to try this season [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Very Nice, Orchid! I should have known you'd have it covered! I can just picture you in it! Great choice, the red with accents of blue!
Hats are great for you too, right?
I have been to Vancouver, I played the university there on a tour of Canada. It was so long ago I do not remember the time of year but I'm almost certain it was a warmer time in Canada. We played a series of Universities in Canada on that tour entering Canada at a place called Port Angeles,(sp.) Vancouver was our first date in Canada. I've been most places, actually. Canada is always a pleasure and I've a good friend there who works for the Canadian verson of "SAG."
I did go to Vancouver for vacation about 8 years ago with my husband as well. It was nice, I wished I could stay longer.
dancer

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved