The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99593 - 12/20/06 03:05 AM Dry Clean
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ladies, have you tried those dry cleaning bags/kits found at the local grocer? If so, I wonder how well they might work? I'm tired of going to the dry cleaner and looking to save $$$!

#99594 - 12/20/06 04:36 PM Re: Dry Clean [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I wasn't real thrilled with them. Some of my clothes say to dry clean only and given the material, I will hand wash some of them with no harm done.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99595 - 12/20/06 05:28 PM Re: Dry Clean [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I've used Dryel for years on my clothes. It works well to freshen your clothes that are NOT tailored. I use it on my summer rayon dresses, etc.

For more tailored items, I would prefer the dry cleaner. And for others, I do what Dianne does and hand wash.

But most of the time, I just buy things that you can throw in the washer and dryer!

Kathy

#99596 - 12/20/06 10:31 PM Re: Dry Clean [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I try to buy as little dry clean only stuff. I wash some "dry clean only" things with Woolite in the machine.

#99597 - 12/21/06 12:31 AM Re: Dry Clean [Re: Louisa]
Pam R. Offline

My daughter used Dryel when she first started her career and wanted to save money. She claims it was just okay. Hubby and I spend way too much money weekly on dry cleaning. More now than ever. I use to launder his dress shirts for work up until the girls graduated from college. Then, we thought we could afford to treat ourselves to weekly dry cleaning. My good cotton blouses go with his shirts. All my suits for work and silk blouses go too. I would say we spend at least $30-$35 a week, sometimes more on dry cleaning. When we retire, I hope to retire the dry cleaner as well! I will say however, they look sooo nice from the dry cleaner. Pressed, and a nice tailored look.

#99598 - 12/21/06 05:01 AM Re: Dry Clean [Re: Pam R.]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I send items to the dry cleaner that are difficult to wash or iron. Otherwise, I hand-wash with woolite.

Poet and essayist

#99599 - 12/23/06 11:55 AM Re: Dry Clean [Re: meredithbead]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

My husband will go through as many as nine dress shirts and 5-7 pairs of dress pants in a week. I especially hate trying to iron pleated pants. So I gave up trying to keep up with his laundry and now take his things to the cleaners.

My extra-care stuff is mostly knits that need to be hand-washed and hung up, rather than dry-cleaned. Otherwise, thank god for washers and dryers and jeans and turtlenecks!

#99600 - 12/24/06 05:56 PM Re: Dry Clean [Re: dejavu]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't have too many clothes that need to be dry cleaned but my husband is another story. All of his work shirts and pants go to the cleaners weekly. It's an expense I have a hard time with, but I surely don't want to iron and starch those things. The killer has been the past few summers when our oldest son had internships. We added his dress clothes to the rest. Beginning in the fall he'll have to afford his own dry cleaning bills. He's coming off the payroll. Yahoo.

#99601 - 12/24/06 11:02 PM Re: Dry Clean
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Since I buy most of my clothes at thrift and consignment shops, I can get designer clothes for very little money. I throw all of them in the washer - I can't justify spending money for dry cleaning when it will cost more than I spent in the first place.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved