The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#81119 - 06/15/06 11:16 PM Eyelash Extensions
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
If you know me, you gotta know if there is something new out there, I'm gonna try it.

So it was with the new craze, eyelash extensions. It takes three hours for them to take the little things and glue them onto your individual eyelashes. You have to use a certain mascara and cleanser and are told to not sleep on your face.

Well, I tried. But, I'm all over the bed at night and the right eye took the most abuse and the extensions were going every which way in the morning. They did look nice tho.

So, I decided I like what God gave me better. I don't have short, stubby eyelashes to begin with. I've been trying to gently remove them and the end result is: I've pulled out a lot of my eyelashes in the process. Now I really do have short, missing and stubby eyelashes. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

#81120 - 07/07/06 07:23 PM Re: Eyelash Extensions [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have very long lashes but they are also very blonde so I wear mascara when I want to be dramatic...LOL
How in the heck does anyone not sleep on their face? Maybe if we were bats that hung from the rafters upside down, you think????

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#81121 - 07/09/06 04:02 PM Re: Eyelash Extensions [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, don't touch those things. You'll end up with no eyelashes before you know it. Contact Danita. Arbonne has this great mascara. One end is this white goo that you comb on first. Then you add the mascara that is in the other end of the wand. I use the mascara all the time. I only use the other end when I want to be dramatic like my friend chatty!

#81122 - 07/09/06 06:55 PM Re: Eyelash Extensions
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm off all mascara for now, allowing these poor babies to heal and grow out and they are...slowly.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#81123 - 07/10/06 01:45 PM Re: Eyelash Extensions [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, just be sure you check with Danita when you are ready to start dressing them again.

#81124 - 07/10/06 02:59 PM Re: Eyelash Extensions
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My mother cut her's with scissors when she was a teen...they never grew back. She just had these little stubbles for eyelashes. JJ

#81125 - 07/11/06 12:39 AM Re: Eyelash Extensions [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I don't fool with things that have to do with hair after that episode with the lip and the Hair Off Uh, uh. Besides, it's hard enough dealing with getting rid of unwanted hair. I can't contend with adding any.

One time I decided to try fake nails. I didn't realize that stuff you stuck 'em on with was super glue. Glued two fingers together. It took years to get them apart !
Louisa

#81126 - 07/11/06 05:44 PM Re: Eyelash Extensions [Re: Louisa]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I got acrylic nails once and this was when I owned a DQ. I was scooping hard ice cream for a cone and one of them flew off into the ice cream. Not good.

After my daughter went to Joe Blascoe make up school, she was trying new things on her sister and put false eyelashes on her. She glued her eyelids shut!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#81127 - 07/12/06 02:17 AM Re: Eyelash Extensions [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh my the price and pain of beauty, lol.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#81128 - 07/12/06 02:17 PM Re: Eyelash Extensions [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I always told my doctor that my driver, Mr. Vanity, brought me to his office.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved