The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181491 - 05/05/09 02:36 PM Ruffles
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Seems like ruffles are in big time. I was in NYC last weekend and saw ruffled tee shirts, dresses, and blouses. I'm not so sure I like them becasue they add to the weight gain issue. Anyone wearing ruffles?

#181496 - 05/05/09 03:05 PM Re: Ruffles [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
The only place I want ruffles is on my potato chips.

#181501 - 05/05/09 03:35 PM Re: Ruffles [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ditto that, JJ! The only other place I like ruffles is on those tiny white baby socks with lace ruffles around the top.

(Maya Angelou)

#181508 - 05/05/09 03:58 PM Re: Ruffles [Re: Eagle Heart]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I would love to wear ruffles. I think they are so feminine!

Having been a LARGE teen (size 18) but now smaller (size 10) I'd really want to wear then 'cause I never could!

#181527 - 05/05/09 06:25 PM Re: Ruffles [Re: Dotsie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Guess it depends on style. I have a loose blouse from 20 years ago in closet made of a jean-blue colour cotton with large front ruffles with tiny blue lace edging and cloth zizag ties...something like a romantic styled 18th century artist's smock.

I've forgotten about the top and hence, haven't worn it in years. could still, I suppose. Not sure when/for what since i'm on the bike 90% of time when I venture outside on personal time.

Methinks that ruffles for women over 60 yrs. and up, have to be careful of style. It would look more contemporary for an older woman that her hair is not looking too tightly permed/too coloured, if she wears ruffles close to her face. She could end up looking like a bygone Greta Garbo with her fluffy feather boa. blush

#181555 - 05/06/09 08:00 AM Re: Ruffles [Re: orchid]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Eagle, I love those little white socks!

Ruffles are way too girly for me. On middle age+ women, it's OK if it's not too cutesy -- you know those chronological adult women who try to be girly cute and play little-girl helpless, the ones who always trowel on their make-up and have that atrocious hair. Pass the barf bag ASAP. Not THOSE ruffles, OK?

But fine if they're more tasteful and not screaming CUTE!! Still not for me, regardless.

Poet and essayist

#181754 - 05/08/09 02:35 AM Re: Ruffles [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
your funny MB and my sentimenst exactlie, would't weer them,...waite i did by an electric blue silk thing for an interview a few mounths back with a small one and i thought they weer too girle but thats one reason i bought it to feminise me a ittle.

anyway yes its heer this side and fashionable too, gonna be bigger in summer as its appeared in all the warmer weather cloths.

#181809 - 05/08/09 09:28 PM Re: Ruffles [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I use to love ruffles on say a nice blouse. Don't wear them much however, never dress up quite that much.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#182509 - 05/18/09 08:29 PM Re: Ruffles [Re: chatty lady]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
I LOVE to dress up. If I could, I would wear a ballgown and go out every night. I have TWO tiaras. I never wear jeans.

I guess i was born under the sign of.....Cinderella

Here...Prince...Here Prince, LOL

Alice

#182674 - 05/21/09 12:39 PM Re: Ruffles [Re: Alice]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Alice, I noticed your photo showed you in a dress which tells me you like to dress up because I almost never wear a dress.

I went to a graduation dinner on Sunday and there were some young 20-something gals there. I saw ruffles. The graduate was wearing this gorgeous green dress with pleated ruffles around the neck and down the v-neck front. She looked adorable.

For once in my life, I felt hip. I was wearing black cropped pants, with a black ruffled scoop neck top and a pink sweater. Anyway, the inexpensive ruffled shirt brought me up to date, for a change. HA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved