The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 182 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#170581 - 01/09/09 06:49 PM What color do you favor when you dress?
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
What color you are drawn to when you dress yourself says a lot about who you are.

For example: Like a lot of Italains and French in my feild, I wear a lot of black. Black is a colour that protects you, wraps around you and keeps people out. It keeps your energy for yourself and does not invite others to come in.

Sometimes by changing the colours we wear, we say somethign else to the public and we affect ourselves in another way...

To find out what each color can do to others who see you and for you inside, just say what colour you favor. Or, just tell us what colour you enjoy wearing most to give us an idea who you are! We can know each other much better by describing what colours we care comfortable wearing. What colour is your favorite dress, top?

What colours do you favor?

Dancer, catching up on fashion...

"Question your privilege"

#170582 - 01/09/09 06:54 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I wear lots of black, brown and green this time of year.

I wear mostly black for dress up.

I wear all shades of pink and turquoise in spring and summer.

Boy, do I send a mixed message, or what?

Can't wait to hear what you have to say.

#170596 - 01/09/09 09:28 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: Dotsie]
dancer9 Offline

Dotsie,

The putting on of colours when it comes to characters is a science with people who do it. One will find that if they put a red top on and try to lift something it will be easier than if one is wearing pink and tries the same thing. Then again, if one is wearing red, it will put others at a distance and cause them to judge you...

What you wear tells costume designers that you are an open and loving person who is perfectly comfortable around women and with your femininity. You enjoy holidays and bring happiness with you. You are confident helping others and do so often. You are confident as a woman and feel completely secure in day time, tea time, or family time activities. Pink is a choice for people who don't mind being open to others and who don't mind dropping their entire gaurd around others. If one puts pink on they will find their strength is a bit less strong but their hearts are open.

You are a bit uncomfortable at evening or formal events. You probably have a bit of stage fright when public speaking. You feel that fitting in is important at parties. You like to stand back and let people come to you at formal parties and are very good at getting your space at them when you need to.

You seek to grow, and to help others grow with your choice of green in each season. The outdoors is comfortable to you and you should have a country home.

Dancer, fun, right?

#170614 - 01/09/09 11:20 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: dancer9]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My very favourite colour to wear is orange...I love all shades of orange, but my favourite shade would be paprika. When I wear orange I feel alive and energetic and confident.

My summer wardrobe is built around orange. I wear the paprika and darker orange shades in the winter, usually with browns and sage green. I'm not a huge fan of green, but have somehow ended up with a lot of the sage green (it's the only shade of green I'll wear) in my wardrobe, probably because it mixes well with the orange and browns. I also like wearing brown, chocolate brown.

(Maya Angelou)

#170780 - 01/11/09 08:17 AM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I like most colors, but when I look in my closet I don't have any green or purple. I like fresh bright colors. And I don't care for patterns, unless they blend with each other. At work, I like wearing a blazer, ( my favourite one is sky blue with a black collar). With it, I wear a black skirt and black nylons.

In summer, I love turquis. It's my favourite color.

Dotsie, did Dancer's analogy hit home? Pretty intersting stuff.

#170792 - 01/11/09 02:10 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Okay, what is my favorite color to wear, or what is my closet full of, that is my real question.

I love to wear orange and red, but I don't have much of it in my closet. Isn't that strange.

My closet is full of black, white and brown. I need a make over! Really.

I have been thinking about simplifying my wardrobe. I have so much stuff, and I am not having fun getting dressed anymore. And that is not okay, by me.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#170793 - 01/11/09 02:16 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Anno, I got to that point several years ago, of looking in my closet and seeing mostly blacks, greys and khaki greens. Not bad colours, but dreary if that's all you see all the time. Over the years I've been making a point of shopping the end-of-season sales for different colours...sometimes I can get away with wearing them right away, but even if I have to be patient and wait until the next season, it's still worth it. Now I look in my closet and see a nice mixture of oranges, paprikas, pinks, turquoise and peach colours - they all go well with - and spice up - the old not-so-dreary-anymore colours. Even if you start with one red t-shirt/blouse, it's probably enough to give you that tiny shiver of anticipation...and always remember, YOU'RE WORTH IT!

(Maya Angelou)

#170816 - 01/11/09 03:12 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I hope dancer will jump in and share your color personalities with you too.

She is pretty much right on. I never knew this about the colors pink and green, but it seems to work for me.

You are absolutely right about black tie affairs. We go to one a year and it's outdoors at the zoo so I'm totally cool with it.

I do have some stage fright, but it really depends what I'm doing on stage, and the setting. I've done quite a few things in front of crowds, but I must be comfortable with the crowd. Church settings work, and settings with all women also work, but that's about it - comfortably.

I look forward to hearing about the other gals and their colors. Thanks for sharing your expertise.

#170847 - 01/11/09 06:27 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: Dotsie]
yonuh Offline

I love bright colors. Since I spent 20 years of my life wearing white, I won't go near it now and besides, it makes me look dead! Black does the same thing, although I do have a favorite black sweater I wear occasionally. I like the 'electric' colors in pink, blue, green, red. I can't wear any shade of orange or coral but can wear some peachy shades. My favorite color is red - the clear blue-red, not the orangy one. I will wear prints but only in skirts or pants, never in tops. I just don't like the way they look next to my face. What's in my closet? Mostly dark pants - black, navy, but some tan. My shirts and sweaters are all the colors of the rainbow (except for white and orange!) I like pairing colors in unconventional ways, such as grey with pink or purple with green. It all depends on the shades.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#170854 - 01/11/09 07:23 PM Re: What color do you favor when you dress? [Re: yonuh]
dancer9 Offline

Well, let's see. Eagle Heart:
Your choice of orange, and the orange family makes you open to new ideas and new things. It shows a person who is not afraid of the unknown and infact, embraces it. Your colors draw people to you and they are looking for leadership because your colors show them that you can lead.
Your liking of brown only shows that you know what to wear with your paprika and orange, etc... Even green shows us that you are a smart dresser. You ar pulled together. You stand out a bit in a crowd and are fine doing that. You are an adventurer at heart, but your main adventure is meeting new people! Hooray for you!

Edelweiss:
You show a confident dresser who is not afraid to be open to people. Your dislike of patterns means you have a strong personality and dislike your clothes wearing you. You wear solids because you want your personality to lead. It does lead. Your use of a blazer says that you still have a bit of a need to fit in and that it is probably good in whatever you do. Since you use color under your blazer, you are still welcoming people and showing a pleasing personality that probably gets along with most people. The use of black stockings tells us that you are sexual but not to the point of it being your whole world. You are in touch with your sexuality and show the world a WOMAN, not a person, if you know what I mean.
You are an equal opportunity person with very little prejudice. You are open to most and you also hold the fort down, people count on you to do that and you do it well and in style.

Anno, with the information you have given me, you sound like you went through a period where you needed to fit in and not draw attention to yourself. You needed to show that you were all together but really, you were in a period of change. You hunkered down in the dard colors to keep that energy under control and for yourself, you needed it. If you are done with the dark colors, you have passed through that stage and are ready to let people in more. If you truly are ready to give up the blacks and browns, you will make a REAL statement to those who know you and change your life. More people will approach you when you change to color and you will leave yourself open to it.
I suggest you start small. Put color with your black or brown. Take Eagle Hearts clue and try an orange or a paprika with your brown pants, even black. I would no try electric colors yet. Remember that pink REALLY weakens your boundries so if you are not ready to open up all the way, avoid it until you feel stronger. If needed, alternate color with your browns and blacks until you feel comfortable wearing all colors with your mood.
It's okay to stay in brown or black if you need your energy and do so much for others that you need to keep some for yourself!

Yonuh!! fine to see you!
You show a powerful knowledge of who you are. You dress like a woman who has done a whole lot of soul searching and is not afraid to stay one with her soul. You are not only open, you are, how can I say it? You are flying a bit above some with your self knowledge.
You are a leader and have been for some time. You are unafraid because of your self knowledge and have some training or education in the mystic arts, or something like it. It could be Indian ways, or some other high area of self knowledge. You are "together," and can help many others if you choose. If you do work, you should be working where you can help many people, you will be very successful. If you are not working, or are an artist, ( I would not be surprised if you were an artist, in fact you are, but maybe not for a living, maybe yes..) Anyway, if you are not working, your calling is art, or in the administration of some help to some peoples.
You are admired by many.
Tell me, have you worn purple with orange? This would tell me more...
Dancer, hope this helped some or entertained others. Ask questions if you like about change...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved