The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#168410 - 12/21/08 09:21 PM Some of the worst Hair Trends in our time!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Some of these really got to me. I thought I'd list them. Can you add any?

The "Mullet." This was messy, messy hair on top and cut shorter, or kept straighter on the sides. It was really a nightmare in own opinion!

"Stripy Colour." The highlights that are DARK on a really blong woman or really LIGHT on a dark haired woman, causing a zebra effects, UG!

"The 80's Perm!" OMG, How BIG were those hair shapes??? They were huge and the long haired ones were like you were all hair! I did my first video during this time and they permed my hair when it was long, down my back. I ended up with the most crazy hair style to grow out I could have imagined! It was crazy! I grew it out as soon as I could and that was hard with a perm!

"White girls with corn rows!" Wow, that just does not work in my own opinion! The tightly woven braids on the head made those girls look really bad and not only that, a bit stupid. Only my opinion!

"Supersized BeeHives!" ARG! Just cartoonish and funny looking. Some got so big they were just silly! A beehive is already a strange look but they were taken to new heights, even adding something to support it under the "hive." Again ARG!!

"MoHawks." Spare me, spare me. Mohawks on girls, women, are really a nightmare to me. There was a time when they came back in style and actresses were making them popular again. I know it's a right of passage when some graduate high school but even that's hard to take!

"Crazy Crimping." Remember the long, big zigzaged hair? It was done with a crimping iron and it make hair stick out? It was really ugly. It had a short time in the sun until people realized it just could not be attractive!

These are just a few of my pet peeves in hair styles! LOL. I just can't believe what some women will do for attention!

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#168478 - 12/22/08 02:09 AM Re: Some of the worst Hair Trends in our time! [Re: dancer9]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Oh gawd, my '80s perm lasted until the year 2000!

#168484 - 12/22/08 03:41 AM Re: Some of the worst Hair Trends in our time! [Re: ]
seek Offline

Loc: mother earth
i was out last night and noticed some thirty-something girls. they all had long hair. it's like at some point girls in my neck of the woods figured out that long hair is the most attractive. most of them don't experiment like my generation did . . .

i used to wear french twists in jr. high, then crazy "bubbles." in high school i died my hair the opposite of its natural color. at one point it turned green, and not on purpose. i have had every color in the book.

i went short-short, had the horrible perm (and the perms can become addictive . . . i have noticed that people who have perms put themselves on a tight schedule of re-perming . . . i know my elderly mom does this).

bangs, no bangs . . . never did the full mullett, thank god, but did have an abbreviated version with the front angled around the face and then longer in the back. hideous now.
be well,
and all manner
of thing
shall be well.

dame julian of norwich - 14th century - mystic

#168829 - 12/24/08 07:15 PM Re: Some of the worst Hair Trends in our time! [Re: seek]
dancer9 Offline

Forgive us our mistakes and my no one have photos! LOL.

Seek, you sound like you rode the wave. Good for you, creativity applies to the body too!

Looking back, don't you love it?

Dancer

#168924 - 12/26/08 02:57 AM Re: Some of the worst Hair Trends in our time! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Any variety of helmet hair. Way too much hair spray/mousse/gel whatever, and looks like it would break. Both the 60's teased look and 80's "big hair" fall into this category.

Glow-in-the-dark bleach jobs, aka "plutonium blond." Harsh, harsh, color that always made me want to put on 4 more pairs of sunglasses. That's why everyone in Cali has 24/7 sunglasses ... it's the hair.

Roots, or "regrowth" more than 1/8" long. I don't care how many trendy actresses do this, to me it's like badly chipped nail
polish or huge runs in your nylons.

Dancer, you forgot Jheri curls!

Poet and essayist

#168974 - 12/26/08 05:55 PM Re: Some of the worst Hair Trends in our time! [Re: meredithbead]
dancer9 Offline

That's right, Meredith!
The new look in Europe that is catching here, and Meredith might be seeing it is the helmet head. It looks like they put a bowl on the hair and cut it. It looks AWFUL, but it's a big, big trend! Pick up a fashion magazine and there it is. They are short too, short, perfect, bowl cuts.

ARG!@

Dancer

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved