The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 82 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#163959 - 10/28/08 06:53 PM Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.)
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Here are some top rated, highly used product companies. For exact products that are recommended from each line, please just ask.
Each line has some editor recommended, (or pro make up artist recommended,) products so you can pick from each and chose the best products from each.

- Neutrogenia - Olay of Olay - BareMinerals - Nars - Chanel - Paula Dorf - Smash Box - Renova (perscription) - Chi (Hair products) - Aveda, tried but true! - Enjoy, (Hair products) - and many more

Dotsie, Orchid, you may be interested in some Chi products if you'd like more info. Dotsie, Enjoy is a good brand for you if you'd like to know why, just ask! I can tell you the products you would be able to improve your lovely hair with!

Dancer

Edited by dancer9 (10/28/08 06:55 PM)
Edit Reason: content

"Question your privilege"

#164008 - 10/29/08 01:41 PM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: dancer9]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Do you know much about Renova? I started using it about 6 weeks ago and don't think I see a difference. I have major wrinkles because of a major weight loss, the fat left my face but, unfortunately all the stretched out skin that was over that fat didn't go with it!
I just wonder if I am using the Renova the right way and how long it takes to see changes. Not that I am expecting miracles, that would take a face lift, but was hoping for some change.
I like Olay products and Neutrogena, any opinions on them?

#164029 - 10/29/08 07:08 PM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: greene]
dancer9 Offline

hi dear greene!
So far as the use of Renova, it has to be about .1%. Many doctors prescibe .05% to be on the safe side. That strength, (.05) does less noticeable correction than the .1 strength by 100 percent. Call your doctor and ask for a stronger dose if yours is not working.

How is should work is as follows:
Wash your face and dry it at night before bed.

Put a small amount all over your face and neck if you choose.
(some even put it on their cuticles!)

Your skin must be DRY when you apply it.

Leave it on over night and just wash it off in the
morning.

After using it, always use an SPF of at least 15 on your face as it is more sensitive to the sun.

Use it nightly.

The right strength will shortly initiate a peeling of your skin. The peeling MUST occur within a short time or your product is not strong enough.

Many women get afraid at the peeling part and stop using the product. Peeling is a large part of the process so just use moisterizer in the day time and use it EVERY night through out the peeling stage. In the peeling stage, get a exfolicating scrub and scrub off the peeling skin!

When your skin is at a place where new skin is there, you may use it to peel again, or use it to maintain your skin by using it every other or third day.

I do a peel almost every month to keep my skin smooth and without red marks and other things. I have few wrinkles but the ones I do have are very faint. I've been using it for over ten years.

Let me know what you decide to do!

Greene, truthfully, the science in Olay and in Neutrogenia is as modern as that of Lancome or other department store brands. I will provide you a list of the products from this company that are most recommended after I visit my doctor this day!

Use the Olay products as they improve the science of them. Move up to the new product as they have used great labs to develop what they are putting out.

Neutrogena is the same. It's science is not behind the times. Because you are using Renova, you could help it along by using products such as those with Alpha Hydroxy peeling agents. It will help your re-surfacing of your face.

Don't give up on the Renova, Greene, you've made the first step. Just call that doctor and tell him/her, that you are not getting results from the low percentage and ask for a step up. You won't be sorry! Your face will gleam!

More, soon,
Dancer

#164050 - 10/29/08 10:49 PM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: dancer9]
greene Offline

Thanks so much for the help. I will call the Doc tomorrow as I have the lower dosage and have pretty tough skin. You explained a lot to me and it makes more sense now.........Thank you

#164138 - 10/30/08 06:21 PM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: greene]
greene Offline

Dancer, I just double checked my renova and it is only .02! That is even weaker, right? Anyway, luckily I have an apt. with the Doc Mon. so hopefully I can get it changed. This stuff is so expensive I hate to let what I have go to waste. Do you think using the .02 twice a day and including an alpha-hydroxy would help start this peeling process? Or perhaps using a little more when I do use it?

#164248 - 11/01/08 12:22 AM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: greene]
dancer9 Offline

Greene,
No, using it more often will not cause it to work. You DO have a really low dosage and the product is meant to cause peeling. Your doctor, like mine, probably perscribed the lower dosage to be safe. Your doctor may want you to try it at a higher dose but not all the way to .1 yet, I'm not sure, please let me know?

Once you start peeling, be sure to use a heavy moisterizer when you are not using Renova to help your new skin to stay soft and to hasten the peeling process. It also helps to use the heavy moisterizer when you are peeling during the day because it prevents the peeling from showing! I use Eucerin. It is heavy and derm. recommended. I see a dermotologist now and again too to keep my skin in good shape.

I'm glad to help, greene, and you've chosen a gem of a product for your face! No brown spots, or red blotches anymore! It is made to reduce wrinkles and it does work, you'll love it once it's working.

I'm peeling my face at this time too! I just had to use a buffing product to remove some of the dead skin that is peeling off and my skin looks great! I'm without wrinkles at this point in my life and some of this could be due to my use of Retin A and Renova for years!

Good luck and keep me posted!

Dancer

Edited by dancer9 (11/01/08 12:26 AM)

#164268 - 11/01/08 11:06 AM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Renova? I've never heard of it. I'm guessing it must be prescribed? Do you mind thelling me how peels work? Do you have to walk around with a yukky face while peeling?

I use Arbonne products and love them, but am interested in hearing more about renova. Thanks dancer.

#164293 - 11/01/08 03:33 PM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I've heard of Renova but have never used it. I have had a couple of facials with peels (glycolic peels?) - but they were light, mild ones that did not leave redness. Afterward, for a few days, my skin felt baby soft - loved it!

I've asked my hubby for gift certificates to the spa for Christmas; I want more of those facials! My lady puts everything on and massages my head, neck, and upper shoulders while it works... mmmmmmm, so nice.

One thing to be very cautious about when you use those peels is sun exposure. Your new skin is ultra-sensitive, so you want a good sun block whenever you go outside.

#164318 - 11/01/08 10:10 PM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
NO facials, NO peels, NO voodoo, also NO lines or wrinkles!!!!!!!!!

Every three days or so when home working, I apply a light film of warm E.V. olive oil and keep it on until bedtime.
Then wash with a mild soap, and go to sleep.

My skin is and has always been baby soft, smooth and young looking. If I am going out, I use Bare Minerals cosmetics (only) that are actually good for the skin.
And you all know how old I am!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164322 - 11/01/08 11:07 PM Re: Top rated Beauty companies. (Product.) [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Dotsie, the peeling process can be dealt with by using an exfoliating product on your face in the morning and using a moisterizer because it will hide the peeling skin very well. No one has to know.

Renova is a prescribed product but the peel is light and NO red skin is involved. It is great for skin tone and getting rid of redness or browner spots on your face. It works on light wrinkles and you can peel as often as you like!

Most who use it keep using it. I've known people who balk at the peeling part but they don't know how to handle it. The peeling is the same color as the rest of your skin so it does not show if you use heavy moisture. It is not as if the new skin is another color or anything so you don't have to hide it with make up.

I hope that answers your questions! Let me know if you have more!

Dancer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved