The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 100 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#152585 - 07/03/08 10:28 AM Boomer fashion models
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Check this out. Should we nomiate any of the gals here to be on the show?

Boomer women rock and contiue to change the world!

National Press Club to Host 'NEWSMAKER' Media Briefing on Supermodel Icons Shatter Baby Boomer Stereotypes

WASHINGTON, July 2 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following was released today by the National Press Club:

National Press Club "NEWSMAKER" Media Briefing

Supermodel Icons Shatter Baby Boomer Stereotypes

Televisions Target TV Generation

Monday, July 7, 2008

10 a.m.

Zenger Room

National Press Club

Supermodels Kim Alexis and Beverly Johnson

Stars of "She's Got the Look"

Larry W. Jones, TV Land President

Have the entertainment and fashion industries overlooked real women in their 40s and 50s? What's behind the latest trend in the spending power of the nation's 78 million baby boomers?

With programming like its new reality series "She's Got The Look," a search to find the next great supermodel over age 35, TV Land is at the forefront of a national trend to "super serve" the first generation of Americans who grew up with television - 40 to 50-year-olds some call
"chameleon consumers."

Alexis, Johnson, and Jones will discuss the results of a national TV Land survey about this affluent yet often overlooked audience, how stereotypes of the baby boom generation are changing, the expanding market for older models, and what advertisers and television execs are doing to cater to the powerful demographic.

KIM ALEXIS, the host of TV Land's "She's Got the Look," is a supermodel, author, motivational speaker. Discovered at age 17 by the Elite Talent Agency, she's appeared on more than 500 magazine covers during her modeling career, including six appearances in the "Sports Illustrated"
swimsuit issues. She earned a contract as a Revlon spokesperson and served as fashion correspondent for "Good Morning America."

BEVERLY JOHNSON, a judge on TV Land's "She's Got the Look," is a supermodel, actress, author, businesswoman, and the first African American woman to appear on the cover of "Vogue." Named as one of the 20th Century's
100 Most Influential People in the Fashion Industry, she was featured on the cover of GLAMOUR magazine's 50th Anniversary issue, proclaimed by the editor-in-chief as having "broken all color barriers."

LARRY W. JONES, President of TV Land and in charge of network programming, marketing, promotion, advertising sales, online, and consumer marketing. With a slate of original programming, classic shows, movies, and
web site, TV Land caters to consumers in their 40s and 50s, with programming that reflects life stages and relatable experiences. TV Land is one of the fastest-growing cable networks in ratings, distribution and brand awareness and is in over 90 million US homes.

#152586 - 07/03/08 08:42 PM Re: Boomer fashion models
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I've watched every show and was sorry to see the 62 year old woman voted off, she was outstanding and cute as could be. Theres one black woman who is over 50 and just gorgeous. Its a great show for all boomer womem and older, you should watch it, it will do you all good, it did me.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#152587 - 07/14/08 07:52 PM Re: Boomer fashion models [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I saw the winner on one of the early morning shows. She looked great and spoke well for our generation of women.

#152588 - 07/14/08 09:00 PM Re: Boomer fashion models
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh poo, I must have missed a show as they hadn't picked the winner the last time I saw the show. Hopefully they will reshow it as they do everything else. I would love to know who finally won. ALL the women were simply gorgeous...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved