The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#146686 - 04/19/08 06:25 PM Spring Ideas, part two:
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi everyone! I've finished buying my spring wardrobe and have been made aware of some good ideas.

For your face,
Cut out some of the make up! Let you skin through with either a moisterizer/tint, that has an SPF or the Bare Minerals again!

** Bare Minerals now has a night treatment that is also mineral. You dust it on and it improves your complextion over night.

Now is the time for colored Mascara! Use Green if you have hazel eyes and if you have blue eyes, use a deep navy. A nice navy mascara is available from Lancome.

Try a dot of shimmer now in the corner of your eyes and try circling your eyes with a light blue or green eye shadow. Don't do raccoon eyes but put enough around your eyes for the color to show a bit and you will add color and light to your eyes. Use mascara as usual if you do this, it's beautiful. Just find a blue that is powder blue and circle like you would with liner but higher on the top lid. It's fab.

Use bare skin and a BLUSH! After 40. a blush is one of the single most important things you can do to make you face pop and make you look young and happy. We all blush. It helps if you get your blood pressure up and look at what natural color you blush so you can buy that color. Some blush pink and some more red. ( I blush in a pink, strange for black hair!) Get that color of blush and wear it over tanned skin!

Use a self tanner! You can use one that builds as you use it daily for your face so you can control it! It looks great to have that tan and you don't want to use the sun. There are tanning booths but they are BAD for you so stay out of them! Use a self tanner and let it make you "made up," without using much make up. A tan and blush is a nice and natural look. You could use a bit of bronzer over it and even bare minerals to take the shine out of your tan and it's a great look!

The time for jewelry is now, ask Meredith what she recommends for you but consider jewelry when we are not dressing as much as we do in the fall and winter!

Use an eyeliner that is green or blue on your eyes. MAC cosmetics makes an eyeshadow that you can wet, as do other companies and you can wet it and use a brush to line your eyes with color. Humlan, you might try this, you like liner! You can use a black WITH a color but I like the softened look of color alone on the eyes as eyeliner, in pastels!

More to come, happy to stop by!

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#146687 - 04/19/08 06:49 PM Re: Spring Ideas, part two: [Re: dancer9]
yonuh Offline

Dancer, welcome back! I have missed your wonderful hints.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#146688 - 04/19/08 07:04 PM Re: Spring Ideas, part two: [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Dancer..eyeliner..black with a color..what do you mean?? Should I mix my black eyeliner with another color too? Remember I`ve bought this expensive Lancome eyeliner in black..gotta use it,too

But I am thinking that I will try someother color around my eyes,too..like sort of greyish olive green..I have green,brown eyes..I mean eyeliner here..I am finding that unfortunately, I can´t use eye shadow anymore..it gets stuck in my wrinkles on the eyelids..but the shimmer product..works..Dior´s shimmer powder in beige..

This is fun and love to see you back again..have missed you loads!!!!

#146689 - 04/21/08 07:00 PM Re: Spring Ideas, part two: [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I love Bare Minerals, haven't used anything else for a couple of years now. I have very long lashes but they are blonde, so I use Maybelline, long lash in black and that really brings them out. I love the new Cover Girl long lasting lipsticks, they really do stay on all day and the colors are unique and really pretty...

Edited by chatty lady (04/21/08 07:01 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#146690 - 04/21/08 07:47 PM Re: Spring Ideas, part two: [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Missed you Dancer..
love reading your post...full of energy
Mountain ash

#146691 - 04/21/08 08:43 PM Re: Spring Ideas, part two: [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dancer, good to see you again.

I'm glad to hear mascara with color is a go. I need to get some. What color should I get if I have green eyes?

My sister has gorgeous blue eyes and she had on blue mascara on Easter and it made her eyes look beautiful.

What color eyeliner for green eyes?

Can't wait to try a new look.

Thanks!

Great to see you again. We missed you in Vegas. What happened?

#146692 - 04/22/08 01:02 AM Re: Spring Ideas, part two: [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Guys!
I got no notification that anyone replied to my posts! How is that? Is the site broken? Ouch, how do you know if you've been posted to?

Thank you for saying you missed me! I missed you too!

Dotsie, go ahead and put green with green eyes! Why not, it should be beautiful! Blue with blue eyes is good! It brings out your natural color. If you can't find a colored mascara, try MAC. MAC has all the entertainers tricks.
MAC make up used to give we entertainers a 10 percent discount off the top of all make up! It was wonderful! Instead of charging us MORE, like our high end hair dressers, it was rewarding us! Now, it's not so though.
However, if you bring back five empty make up containers, like lipstick, or eye shadow, even liner, they will give you one free! It does not have to be empty either! MAC eyeshadow is made to be used wet as well as dry. You can use it as liner or use is wet to make the look more intense.

Now, use a dark, like black liner with a coloured liner by just putting the color over the black! You can use your lancome liner with a colored eyeshadow used wet as liner and you can paint it on over it!

Make sure the upper part of your eye is WAY heavier than the under part of your eye with make up. The bottom lashes and area looks good at a certain age with very little make up and more make up on the upper eye!

Saggy upper eye area? Not a problem. Take your eye shadow and up it in the crease area of your eye, and don't spare it! Put it in the crease and make sure some of it shows with your eyes open! All you need is enough to show in the crease of the eye and you will have a great look and you don't have to have tight upper eyes! Make sure you make a half moon shape though on the crease! Use a color that is complimentary to your eyes and a bit natural so you don't look funky, (or look funky if you choose!)

NOTHING is impossible with our look, nothing!

Now is the time:
Find your perfect lip color and I mean try on hundreds if you have to until you find the perfect one. You will know it when you find it so go through all the colors you have to at the counters until one goes "ping!" Buy that color and use your old colors OVER it for a different look when you are bored. Everyone should fine ONE perfect color for their skin and wear it like you wear your perfume: All the time! Go to a counter and sit and try them on, one by one and don't worry about those counter women who try to push you, just go for it. When you get to a color that you KNOW is perfect, if you can't afford that make up, look for a match in the make up you can afford.

I recommend you watch long wearing lipsticks because they DRY your lips so much it's not worth it. BUT, Paula Dorf makes a lip balm that keeps your lipstick on all day or at least twice the time if you want your lipstick to stick and it is moisterizing! That's Paula Dorf make up company. You just apply it before your lipstick and it's smooth and comfy, and then apply your lipstick and it will wear forever! It's a new product and it rocks!

did you ever hear that you have to choose between your butt or your face after 40? They say that if you put on a few pounds it fills in your wrinkles and that ruins your butt because it gets bigger! lol. Not true. I'm living proof, but I've got Italian skin. Most have been watching me for wrinkles and to get all wrecked forEVER and I still have not done it. Yes, a few wrinkles are great but no one has to be covered with them! I have a mother in law who died in her 70's with almost NO wrinkles, so take care of your skin!

LOL, glad to be back, and hi Mountain Ash!

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#146693 - 04/22/08 05:10 AM Re: Spring Ideas, part two: [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Since my name was mentioned, I'll weigh in with some jewelry ideas.

Arms and ankles are bare, necklines are lower -- fill in with jewelry! My summer earrings are about 1" longer than my winter earrings, because I'm not contending with turtle necks or sweater collars. Fun swingy earrings always spell "summer" to me. If you're wearing a short chunky necklace, make sure your earrings don't hit it, otherwise you'll be clanging in your ears all day HA! (from the been there, done that files.)

My arms are long so I wear up to 4 bracelets per wrist They don't have to match exactly, just more-or-less kinda-sorta. Mix-and-match is good.

Colors: typical summer colors are either bright, or shell-wood. Think tropics. Think beach. Think casual/fun as opposed to serious/dark.

Even if you're a more conservative dresser, try adding one new fun piece. It gives a fresh look to the same-old same-old. A few new pieces of jewelry can add pizazz to your existing clothing, and it's much cheaper than buying a lot of clothes.

A "for instance" would be: you have a classic peach sleeveless top, which you always wear with either a simple gold/silver chain or maybe a string of pearls. Why not try a chunky necklace of colored stones and seashells? I guarantee that it won't even look like the same top.

Poet and essayist

#146694 - 04/22/08 05:44 PM Re: Spring Ideas, part two: [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You gals are making me feel daring.

Mac is within walking distance. I may have to see if they have green mascara. What a hoot. Never worn that before.

Meredith, this time of year, I wear more fun than classic jewelry.

Anyone have a good sandal recommendation? I feel like my arches are falling so I need one with more support.

#146695 - 04/23/08 12:45 AM Re: Spring Ideas, part two:
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I cannot wear eyeshadow at all . I have that dry eye condition and those products will irritate my eyes and make them water .

Sandals there are SAS sandals I wear EasySpirit and their is berkinstock . Not sure of the spelling . Look for Sandals that have a arch in them for sure . My father sold shoes and I can fit anyone in shoes . I learned from the master .

Renee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved