The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#97293 - 12/02/06 01:32 PM Holiday clothes?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone stepping out to buy something special for the holidays?

There was a time when I did this, but I have become such a stick in the mud, black pant wearer. It's ridiculous. Every now and then, I'll get a new top. I don't like shopping and trying on. I have to be in the perfect mood - and that and lots of free time rarely happen. I've seen soem adorable holiday sweaters, but still haven't picked one up to buy it. Mustn't be adorable enough.

#97294 - 12/02/06 02:08 PM Re: Holiday clothes?
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Still to shop. Anything in black. I'll wear my Andalucian combs for colour contrast.

#97295 - 12/02/06 09:46 PM Re: Holiday clothes? [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am wearing a deep maroon velvet pants suit with colorful sparkly brocade of Christmas ornament decorations along the sleeves and up the jacket front. I have matching velvet 2 inch heels, same color. Does the word "snazzy" come to mind? LOL

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97296 - 12/03/06 02:26 AM Re: Holiday clothes? [Re: chatty lady]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I saw the cutest sweater today...lime green with penguins on it...very festive and very different!

I used to buy a nice Christmas sweater every year when I was working outside the home...I don't really get into them that much since I'm not dressing up every day.

I still have a few that I wear at home with jeans...

I have a favorite sterling silver angel necklace and snowflake earrings that I enjoy wearing, too.

#97297 - 12/03/06 12:49 PM Re: Holiday clothes? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I have a long-sleeved red t-shirt with a picture on the front of wrapped Xmas packages on the beach set between two palm trees decorated with Xmas lights.......hey, this is Florida.......
I have a couple of sweatshirts that are holiday-decoated.......one has ice-skating penguins in Santa hats, another has glittery pine cones.......but it rarely gets cold enough to wear them......

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (12/03/06 12:52 PM)

#97298 - 12/03/06 02:21 PM Re: Holiday clothes? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I've always wanted a special Christmassy outfit to wear on Christmas Day, but still have never gone out to buy anything. Not even a sweater. Oh, I forgot about the denim shirt with a Christmas scene that I bought when we were in California in 1996. That's what I usually wear. I keep meaning to go out AFTER Christmas to get one on sale, but never do. Maybe this year...maybe I'll just go right out tomorrow and get myself one. WHY NOT?! I like the ice-skating penguins in Santa hats...

(Maya Angelou)

#97299 - 12/03/06 03:29 PM Re: Holiday clothes? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Since I will be in Mexico for the holidays, I bought myself a new red bathing suit to celebrate. A bit different from the rest of you beautiful women, don't you think?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#97301 - 12/03/06 10:54 PM Re: Holiday clothes? [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Only three short weeks till I can wear that beautiful red suit. Wish you could all go, Anne. Wish we could bring the new year in together.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#97302 - 12/06/06 07:46 AM Re: Holiday clothes? [Re: Anno]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

I often have a dilemma with holiday clothes because I get too warm, and so many of the prettiest holiday things are sweaters, jackets, wool or velour, etc. This year I have decided to go with layers that are still dressy no matter which layer I'm wearing. A simple top dressed up with pretty jewelry, a lightweight jacket of silky (rather than heavy) fabric, and dressy shoes to add pizzazz. I like the new silvery gray fashions, especially combined with a splash of cranberry red.

#97303 - 12/06/06 03:55 PM Re: Holiday clothes? [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Anno, I just happen to be free for that time...whatever time it was....anyhoo. I'm available.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved