The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8535 - 03/18/06 01:42 AM Lost
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, what does it mean when your bosses forget your birthday? Guess I suck, huh?

I work at a large law firm and am assigned to 3 attorneys and my b-day was yesterday, everyone salutated except the 3 I work for. There were gifts from another secretary wrapped on my desk, etc. But no, my three could say nothing, not at all, even though last year I bought each of them a birthday cake. All the other secretaries on my floor had birthday cakes and last year I did, but not this year. They simply snubbed me, turned their back. I am hurt and embarrassed. Yet, the two female attorneys I work for are very horrific and have treated my predecessors poorly to include mental and verbal abuse. Very Snooty gals. The man has always been kind at Christmas and birthday gifts, I would like to hope that his excuse is b/c he is so busy lately and working 10 - 12 hour days. I got a raise and 2 bonuses at Christmas of $4K, so don't know how my performance has altered in which they don't feel I need recognition. But gosh, not even a verbal acknowledgement. And to top it off, I fell on the stairs in the parking garage and bruised my foot, thus am limping, not a finger lifted and they expect me to still p/u their lunches -- the gals that is.

I simply shall not acknowledge their birthdays. Hope it does not mean I'm out the door! [Embarrassed]

#8536 - 03/18/06 01:49 AM Re: Lost
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I don't know the answer, but I am so sorry I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday, Mustang! I had no idea...
Hope it was a good one after work, at least.
((HUGS))

#8537 - 03/18/06 01:58 AM Re: Lost
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well poopee on them Mustang! Happy Birthday gal! I too hope you had at least a wonderful evening. Bosses can sometimes be a pain. Royal ones!

When I first joined the work force in corporate America, I worked as admin and had a boss who had me buy all the secretaries corsages for "Secretary's Week" and then said to me as he threw money on my desk, "oh and buy something for yourself while you're at it." He was a VP...when I said "Oh that's nice but not necessary" he said, "Do as I told you." I was mortified and humilated. I was very very young and was raising two children on my own, so I bought the stupid corsage.

I vowed that day to leave as soon as I could. I did. And I went back to school, finished my degree and promised myself NOBODY would ever talk to me that way again. Good Lord...I sound like Scarlet O'Hara. HAHAHAHAH....

JJ

#8538 - 03/18/06 02:12 AM Re: Lost
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Happy Belated Birthday Mustang!
Sorry your bosses are jerks. I agree with you, return the favor on their birthdays.

#8539 - 03/18/06 02:53 AM Re: Lost
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I wish I had known yesterday, Mustang
Anyway...we will celebrate it big time here, today.

-

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Mustang
Happy Birthday to you

Who luvs ya baby?
Your Boomer Sisters That's Who.

-

And us too.

#8540 - 03/18/06 03:03 AM Re: Lost
Bluebird Offline

I knew Chick would make you a cake!!! Horses, too...you really rate!

#8541 - 03/18/06 03:24 AM Re: Lost
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
No kidding! We only got a cake from her!

#8542 - 03/18/06 03:28 AM Re: Lost
Bluebird Offline

I'm going to be expecting a cake AND a bluebird...

#8543 - 03/18/06 04:53 AM Re: Lost
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh Mustang the simple things people do to hurt us and why? No special reason maybe because they can. I think they probably forgot and felt stupid to acknowledge with a mere greeting so did and said nothing. The girls that did remember you did it earnestly with love as we are doing now so be happy for that an screw the other stuff...Personally I would rather have the cash (a raise) from the bosses and it sounds like you did okay in that department, think of it as the gift that keeps on giving...he, he!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY LADY [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz] [Cool] [Smile]

[ March 17, 2006, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#8544 - 03/18/06 05:47 AM Re: Lost
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Now there's a cake if ever I saw one. Boy what a cake. To heck with those snooty types. I bet you didn't get them a cake that good.

Then there's the horses. Wow!

And I'm with Chatty on the cash bonuses. Let them keep the happy birthday greetings, us boomers send cakes and horses. Tell them to send CASH.

smile

Hey here's an idea... Chick, I was wondering if you can put hundred dollar bills on my birthday cake next year. You know the kind I can print out and take shopping. I bet you could do it. You have a whole year to work on it. I'm planning a shopping trip now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved