The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8224 - 08/19/03 11:02 PM Women and Debt
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies,
I would like to invite any one of you to participate in an article seris I am researching and writing called "Women and Debt."

If you would like to participate (be interviewed) or contribute in any way, please drop me a line at GJawjaw1@aol.com

THIS CAN BE ANON if you prefer. You have my word.

#8225 - 08/20/03 08:49 PM Re: Women and Debt
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
JJ, count me in.

#8226 - 08/20/03 09:52 PM Re: Women and Debt
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

hey thanks Dotsie! And thanks to the other women who have sent me messages too! You know who you are. I will be in touch.

#8227 - 08/21/03 06:24 PM Re: Women and Debt
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I look forward to hearing form you because I (of course) have some thoughts for you!

#8228 - 08/22/03 02:04 AM Re: Women and Debt
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jawjaw, boy have I got some debt for you! Yep, I should probably be anonymous... what is it you would like to know about women and debt?

#8229 - 08/22/03 03:10 AM Re: Women and Debt
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Girls,
I have arthur in my joints, a computer with a worm, no payment yet for an article published a month ago (got to pay car insurance!) a keyboard that wants to skip every other letter, and a banjo on my knee.

I have another computer in my car and a laptop on the way tomorrow (reinforcements) while the technie at work fixes mine.

Murphy is alive and well, living in Alabama; IN MY HOUSE! This has absolutely nothing to do with the article other than to say I have been frustrated with technology this week. Ackkkk! Needless to say, I have not had the time to devote to the article that I had expected, but soon...real soon. It will be a series of articles with the first one giving all the reasons on God's green earth that women are in debt in the first place. You will be surprised; I was. Yes, personalities play a factor.

Tell ya what. I will post the (I like to call them interview) questions here on the board when they are finished, and anyone wanting to answer them via my home email, can choose to do so. I didn't expect all the warm offers for help. You people are great! This board has become my home away from stress and I don't know what I would do without you all. Blessings,

#8230 - 08/22/03 03:13 PM Re: Women and Debt
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Great idea to just post the questions right in this forum.

Quick question:
Are you differentiating between single and married women?

I know one woman who is single and has a credit card problem, and another woman who is married and has the same problem, but her husband repeatedly bails her out. [Eek!]

#8231 - 08/22/03 11:26 PM Re: Women and Debt
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dotise,
I have tried all day to post here only to find out I had a virus on my puter. Ackkk!

So...in answer to your question...No. I don't care if one is married or single. A woman in debt is a woman in debt and their experience or "sharing" will/should/could help other women. And that...is my purpose.

I hope to have something out soon; however, the technie at work has my home puter for now. I have a borrowed one. And life goes on...

#8232 - 09/14/03 06:24 PM Re: Women and Debt
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hello all,
A while back I posted about a series of articles I am writing called "Women and Debt." I am starting the articles and would asked that anyone wishing to participate, please do so via my home email which is GJawjaw1@aol.com EVERYTHING WILL BE ANON. NO NAMES WILL BE USED. THANKS!

The first in the series will be background. Were you taught about debt? How your parents attitude toward debt has affected your spending habits as an adult...so forth and so on. Please answer the following questions, in detail, and send to me via the email listed above. Let me thank you in advance since so many of you have indicated you want to speak out. My goal is to help other women in their attempt to better their lives. One step at a time.

1. Growing up, did your parents explain any facet of debt to you?
2. Do you believe that your parents experience with debt (or lack of debt) and/or spending habits has affected you and your attitude toward these today?
3. Was there someone BESIDES your parents who influenced you as a young adult with your spending habits or debt? A friend? A Grandparent? Other?
4. What was your first experience with debt as a young adult? How, if at all, would you change that experience?
5. What are some things you would tell other young adults about debt and spending?
6. Growing up, how did you feel about saving money? Has your attitude changed, if at all?

7. ARE YOU DEEP IN DEBT NOW?

#8233 - 09/20/03 06:34 PM Re: Women and Debt
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jawjaw, Thanks so much for the opportunity to answer those questions for you. [Razz]
It was great for me to reflect on my spending habits based on what my parents taught me.

Another thing I should credit my parents with. FUnny how the older we get, the more we realize how wise our parents were/are!

How is the article going and will we be able to read it? Will it be on your site?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved