The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#8192 - 06/27/03 02:14 AM mondays the big day
roxxie Offline

Well its offical I start school on monday.I got my books yesterday I forgot what it was like to carry all those books.They seemed heavier than in high school.Or maybe its because im not as young.Anyways I couldnt of picked a better time to go to school,my cars broke,Im in desparate need of a job,thats enough stress.Now school but Im not going to let that bring me down.I guess thats a sign from God that maybe my life needs this big change and hopefully everything will work out.I just pray that it does cause i really need good things to happen. ive had my share of rough times,well more than my share.Sorry I just needed to get that off my chest im very stressed right now .well if anyone knows anyone in florida fortmyers capecoral area looking to hire please let me know.thank you ladies for all your love and support.

#8193 - 06/27/03 05:17 AM Re: mondays the big day
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Good luck roxxie!! I am sue it is stressful to think of going back to school when things are so uncerain, but it will be godd to give yourself something to focus on that will help you out in the end.

#8194 - 07/08/03 04:50 PM Re: mondays the big day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Roxxie, how is it going?

#8195 - 07/09/03 06:43 PM Re: mondays the big day
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I'm sure Roxxie is finding out that school at our age is an all-consuming experience. I don't get into this site as often as I did before starting classes, and I'm only in one right now. Between working 36+ hours per week and studying algebra, as well as helping Becky with her kids, keeping our house halfway decent and hubby happy, I'm meeting myself coming and going.. [Embarrassed] )
So when I don't post for a few days, don't assume something is wrong. Same for Roxxie. I'm sure she is very busy, especially if she has children at home or is working.
Roxxie, just keep on plugging away at it. It will be worth the struggle in the long run.
Never let your mind sit idle, because an idle mind is the Devil's workshop, and the Devil's name is Alzheimer.

#8196 - 07/10/03 11:35 PM Re: mondays the big day
roxxie Offline

Hello ladies.Sorry ive been really busy with school next week will be my 3rd week.I love it!!Its a lot of hard work though.Country girl actually i have no children and im 24 years old.You would be suprised some of the women that attend classes with me.Single mothers of 5 children with full time jobs and,going to school full time (3 or4 classes a week)I look at them and say if they can do it I know I can.Im actually on the computer because i was doing my computer class homework.aaaaaaahh I have a ton of homework to do and two tests next week so i gotta go ladies.By the way I love the whine idea im probally gonna have alot of that to do soon.haha [Wink] [Wink]  -

#8197 - 07/11/03 03:59 PM Re: mondays the big day
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
roxxie -- check with Edison about jobs on campus

when i went there i tutored accounting for students having trouble -- so if you're good at something -- they will hire you to work on campus on a schedule that works around your life -- they only pay $6.00 an hour -- but hey -- you're on campus anyway -- its a way to make some extra money and study at the same time [Smile]

they also have jobs available posted on the bulletin boards -- try the cafeteria -- i think thats one place they post -- and another is in front of the personnel office -- in the same building that the libraries in -- down near the elevators on the first floor

#8198 - 07/11/03 11:02 PM Re: mondays the big day
roxxie Offline

Im actually attending south west florida college.But I believe they are the same with jobs
I have a lady there that is a carreer counselor that will help bme find an entry level position in my field im majoring in.Thanks though how are you doin these days?

#8199 - 07/12/03 01:04 AM Re: mondays the big day
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
i'm glad you found someone to help you get a job -- i'm itching to get back to school but i just can't afford to quit work and since i work nights and weekends after working 9-3 during the day ---------

but one of these days [Smile]

i wish you all the best with classes and your career [Smile]

#8200 - 07/13/03 09:13 PM Re: mondays the big day
roxxie Offline

Thanks,there are plenty of women there,that have full time jobs with kids and go to school full time.They offer all kind of hours to work around peoples busy schedules.So I say go 4 it when you decide anyone can go back.And it makes you feel good inside.

#8201 - 07/21/03 09:22 PM Re: mondays the big day
maylene Offline

Loc: baltimore
So happy to read about all the women that are becoming students! I am also attending community college in hopes that I will find a career path that is right for me. My children are 14, 12 and 6...they still need me so much, I can't do more than one class right now, but I am loving it! Taking Biology in the fall, I am always excited to start class! It's nice to complete something and earn a grade...does a great deal for one's self-esteem! Everyone, keep up the good work!

Maylene

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved