The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#142643 - 02/17/08 06:22 AM Newbie busineswomen: how big do they dream/speak?
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
My partner is actually starting up a business with 2 other partners. I thought they were just setting up a consulting firm.

And now after a few weeks, I was abit shocked to know he's thinking and writing up biz proposals for soemthing bigger...just in case they have to bid on big jobs.

This is for "fun"....since he's been retired for past few years.

Most newbie businesswomen I know think and start off modestly. I've only met the rare woman, who talked through her hat...but she didn't have the evidence to show her fruits of labour yet..

What do you think.....are there many newbie brash bizwomen/entrepreneurs who take the risk to talk big to everyone but haven't really made inroads yet???

I think my partner just wants to be ready with all necessary cards in hand in case a plum job comes along... so tons of writing, visioning discussions etc.

#142644 - 02/18/08 12:27 AM Re: Newbie busineswomen: how big do they dream/speak? [Re: orchid]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
orchid, I don't know how to answer this one.
Men probably approach starting a business entirely different than women do. I know few women who have started from scratch. My mom did and was very successful. She was the primary bread winner for our family. She definitely was not all talk and no do. She produced plenty of fruit.
The fact that your partner is doing this for the fun of it should give him an advantage. If it were out of necessity, he'd probably feel more pressures. I wish him luck... and if you would like me to play with a logo, you'd be giving me great pleasure - I'd jump at the chance.

#142645 - 02/19/08 06:03 AM Re: Newbie busineswomen: how big do they dream/speak? [Re: gims]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
At this time he's busy with proposals .. I don't think anything else interests him and his partners until they land their lst contract.

Meanwhile gimster..consider seriously approaching a non-profit organization that does a major annual fundraiser...and offer a logo design/design work. Might hook you up with...other people over time. You would be amazed which organizations long for a fresh/fun new look.

#142646 - 02/19/08 06:25 AM Re: Newbie busineswomen: how big do they dream/speak? [Re: orchid]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks for the suggestion, orchid.
I'm not looking for work... my days are full with tutoring my mom. But, I do like to piddle.
Thought I'd offer, since you mentioned it once.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved