The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#119785 - 05/31/07 04:53 PM Closing Down the Blog
Melanie46 Offline

Loc: Connecticut USA
Hi Everyone,

When I first joined the BoomerWomenSpeak forums last winter, many of you were interested to learn that I was sponsored for a blog called Between Us that was created to help generate awareness for a product called SofTouch personal lubricant--and you wanted to know more about what it is like to work as a paid blogger, and how to get that kind of work.

Because of all your initial interest, I thought that I would share the latest chapter of my experience.

The company that sponsors the Between Us blog has decided to make the blog inactive--effective immediately. All past posts and comments will remain up so that readers can continue to enjoy and learn from them--but from here on out there will be no new posts written.

Bottom line: The blog was a year-long marketing experiment that just didn't generate the level of awareness we wanted.

There is a (very) slight chance that Between Us will come back this fall, but it looks like the blog may have run its course.

Also, a few of you--Casey Dawes, for one--contributed greatly to the Between Us blog by either agreeing to be interviewed for a post or by simply offering me friendly advice and direction. Thank you so much.

Here's wishing everyone at boomerwomenspeak a spectacular summer. I am going to remain a part of the community, so I'll continue to chime in from time to time on the forums. (But I will need to change my "signature" since I'm no longer representing SofTouch or its Between Us blog).

Blessings to everyone!

www.BaileyMcMillanPerfumes.Blogspot.com

#119786 - 05/31/07 10:25 PM Re: Closing Down the Blog [Re: Melanie46]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Melanie...I know you'll find another fun endeavor to fill the void! Much success to you!

#119787 - 06/01/07 01:53 AM Re: Closing Down the Blog [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Melanie, it's sad when things like this happen. I'm sure you poured your heart and soul into keeping it going. Did they tell you ahead of time that it was a year trial?

#119788 - 06/01/07 12:48 PM Re: Closing Down the Blog
Melanie46 Offline

Loc: Connecticut USA
Thank you both for your kind words! I did know in advance this would have a year to take flight. I guess none of us knew for sure how it would turn out, but I'm so glad I did it. And Jane, you're right, now I'll have time for my own blog (which I have neglected) and new scents. I'm already working on a line of body lotions for women in midlife, so it's one of those sad, but yet exciting times.

www.BaileyMcMillanPerfumes.Blogspot.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved