The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8594 - 03/01/06 10:19 PM Freelance work
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Hi everyone, I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I am strictly doing freelance work on the side, with promoting my book and trying to get the second one done. I love freelancing, the research is interesting. I just need to know how to get faster at writing the articles. I do a lot of research so I can write each article in my own words. Not one of my clients need to worry about copy and paste on my submissions. Both of them have a program they run each article through to catch plagerism, both have told me I don't need to invest in the program because my articles are fine. I just need to spend less time on them! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Also how many articles is considered to be a good week's work? I tried to do 65 this week but with Kenzie being sick, I didn't come close, thank goodness my clients are willing to work with me. They say I'm one of their best writers and want me to keep writing for them. I take that as a compliment. Please help if you can.

Sherri

#8595 - 03/02/06 02:39 AM Re: Freelance work
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I wasn't sure from your post--is it the research or the writing itself that you feel is costing you too much time?

#8596 - 03/02/06 03:48 AM Re: Freelance work
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sixty-five in one week! Gracious. That's amazing. I don't know how you do it.

#8597 - 03/02/06 04:04 AM Re: Freelance work
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm amazed at the volumn and you are wanting to know how to do more? Good Lord honey...when do you sleep? Sixty-five articles in one week? How long are these articles?

When I was a columnist it was on a monthly basis and that was enough. I had one column once which required bi-monthly and that nearly drove me crazy. 65? Do you have a big S on your chest?

Wow...I think I'll eat some worms....

JJ

#8598 - 03/02/06 04:24 AM Re: Freelance work
Sherri Offline

WEll some of the articles were 400-450 and the others are 500 words. I think that I probably take too much time in research. I can usually write the article I need in about 30 minutes. shuffling through all the research I pull up is a biggie. Both my clients are very understanding and work with me. They have both made the comment they didn't want to lose me as I'm one of their best writers. I took that as a compliment!

My problem is, I think they have to be perfect and won't rest until they're the best I can possibly do. So quite possibly, I edit too much too. What's the average it takes to write an article? How many do you all do a week? I just dove into this and it's my only other source of extra income now. We finally received our first TTD check today! Finally, and we should receive about 8 weeks in back pay too. So I will be able to ease up on the freelance, I'm pooped!

Sherri

#8599 - 03/02/06 05:34 AM Re: Freelance work
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good gracious Sherri, 65 articles in a week is stupendous. I thought doing 14 in a week was miraculous....I bow to you oh "Wonder Woman!" Do you have the Encarta on your computer? It is great for freelancers as it give the info needed in a nutshell, quick, concise and to the point. This way you can elaborate at will as much asyou need to....Happy to hear you can slow down a bit, you deserve to! Whats up with the pool, still playing?

#8600 - 03/02/06 07:48 AM Re: Freelance work
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Asking how long it takes to do an article is like asking how many stars in the sky. There are too many variables. Like me, for instance...I write humor only (usually) and it stems from my own day-to-day experiences, with a twist... so I never know what I'm going to write about.

I think you are talking mainly NON-Fiction...am I right? I'm sure some of the other women in here could give you a better gauge or measurement.

Sorry...I'm no help at all. When I was working on my book I once wrote 12 articles in a span of three days. I wanted to call Guinesses...but hey, they should be alerted about YOU!

JJ

#8601 - 03/02/06 08:19 AM Re: Freelance work
Sherri Offline

LOL Queen, I didn't know that was so special! I started out doing 10 a week, then 20 a week, then 30 a week. this last week I was getting desperate because of financial difficulties, so I took on more than I could chew. My one client gave me extra time to do hers, but I did 35 last week. Now you know why you never see me here very often!

Sherri

#8602 - 03/02/06 04:58 PM Re: Freelance work
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
65 articles in one week! Good Grief! I need to know what brand of coffee you're drinking!!!!!

#8603 - 03/02/06 04:59 PM Re: Freelance work
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
Chatty, please elaborate on what Encarta is please. Never heard of it. Thanks.

KS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved