The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8798 - 12/14/05 04:12 AM With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I'm doing my FIRST Farmer's Market tomorrow!

Why a Wednesday? Well, our town has them on both Sat. and Wed but I wanted to take it slow to learn the ropes.

I've been encouraged by all of you and many friends who feel I've got great products that I just HAD to do it! I LOVE talking to people about what I do and why I started. Sad thing is I signed up in May but never got my lazy butt up early enough to go. Now I'm psyched up!!

So, wish me blessings! I have to leave here by 6:45 a.m.....since "town" is 45 minutes away!!

[ January 03, 2006, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Di ]

#8799 - 12/14/05 04:56 AM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Blessings as you requested I wish for you and am certain of your success....you go girl!

#8800 - 12/14/05 05:02 AM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Many blessings to you, Di! What are the products?

#8801 - 12/14/05 05:23 AM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Good luck at the market, Di!

I love farmers' markets, but as a non-morning person, I wish they started a little later!

If you see this in time, here's some advice from a pro:

bring plenty of change and bags

If you're by yourself, especially bring food and water, as you may not be able to get away from your booth.

Where SW? Desert? Semi-desert? There's often a 30-degree change in temperature here from when I arrive in the morning, to when I leave mid-afternoon. WEAR LAYERS! Unless you're the poster girl for constant hot flashes, 7:30am in December will be pretty cold.

Sunhat, sunscreen, umbrella/tent. Do your products need to be out of the sun?

If winds are a possibility, make sure your display is very stable, and everything on it weighted down.

If you see something else you like, don't be afraid to ask if they trade. I always do.

Pack your car -- chairs, table, etc. the night before. Everything you can pack the night before, do it. That way you won't be standing around in the morning going hmmmmm..... did I forget something? Or worse, panicking because you think you forgot...

Night before, my cooler and empty coffee cup are set out on the kitchen counter ready to be filled, and all my 89 layers of clothing are set out so I can roll out of my bed and into the clothes.

Make a mint!

#8802 - 12/14/05 05:24 AM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
Di Offline

Pecan soap! Guess you did not see my thread. If you didn't I'll post a link. Don't want to repeat myself!

Thanks!!!!! I hope it is not cold tomorrow!!

#8803 - 12/14/05 05:26 AM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
Di Offline

thanks for the pointers, Meredith!

I'll be layering.I've got my change and by change apron ready. All is packed in car.....except.......oh, I need to get my sacks for when people buy my stuff!

It's only until 12:30, so this won't kill me. I want to do it again on Saturday to really make some bucks!!

#8804 - 12/14/05 11:39 PM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
ladybug Offline

Hi Di, I got in on this post a little late so I'm guessing you're at the Farmers Market now.

Please tell us all about it when you get back. I'm interested in your products too so don't be afraid to repeat yourself.

Good luck!

#8805 - 12/15/05 03:14 AM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
Anonymous
Unregistered

Farmer's Markets are so wonderful! Enjoy yourself and many prayers!

#8806 - 12/15/05 05:41 AM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Does it get cold in the southwest? Are you thinking below 70! [Big Grin] Just kidding. I know you had a cold snap there. I used to live in Scottsdale and Prescott. Have fun and make the big bucks.

#8807 - 12/15/05 06:01 AM Re: With ya'lls encouragement....Farmer's market
Di Offline

When I left this morning, it was 42. when I got to town it was 32. But it did reach to 60, so I survived just fine.

We had a lovely day! Perfect weather...no wind. I was half in shade/half in sun. I did pretty well for my first time. The nice part is you don't have to pay on Wednesdays! But I'll go again Saturday. I've already made friends. The part of meeting new people is very intersting and fun for me.

Thanks for the prayers.....they surely worked!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved