The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#8182 - 04/30/03 07:42 AM Starting a new job
roxxie Offline

Well Im starting a new job here this week.Its taking care of seniors.either in there homes or in nursing homes.Its more like a companionship thing,not medical.I help them with there daily things cooking cleaning playing card games whatever.Its a new company hopefully everything will go great.Thought it would be a good job and all easy to work and go to school.I think i want to do something in the medical field.Maybe physical therapy.who knows.

#8183 - 05/01/03 09:17 PM Re: Starting a new job
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Roxxie, good luck in your new job! You will find it very rewarding..not so much monetarily, but emotionally. The elderly are so rich in history and wisdom. Most of them will appreciate your efforts on their behalf. A smile and a pat on the hand can make you feel like you are doing something wonderful...which you are. I tried working as a nurse aide in a nursing home, and it led to where I am now...an LPN starting school once again to become an RN. The more I learn about nursing, the more I want to know.
I have worked with the elderly now since 1988 and find it so rewarding. I hope you will too.

#8184 - 05/02/03 06:27 PM Re: Starting a new job
roxxie Offline

Thanks!I want to start school here soon just not sure what i want to do medically.I hope being 24 its not to late to dtart school!

#8185 - 05/07/03 09:16 AM Re: Starting a new job
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
roxxie,
It's never too late to start school. In fact because you are a little older with experience it
may be easier for you. You know that you want to
go into the medical field where most kids starting out have no idea what they want to do.
I say more power too you and have some fun too.
Maggie

#8186 - 05/07/03 04:48 PM Re: Starting a new job
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
LOL..I hope you're not too late either..I'm 51 and I'm planning on going back to school this fall to complete my RN. So far, everyone has been very supportive. Scheduling at work may take some finesse, but I'm sure it will work out.

#8187 - 05/30/03 08:09 PM Re: Starting a new job
roxxie Offline

Well i was accepted to a college i start june 30th .I will be going for medical assisting.apond graduation I will recieve mt associate degee in science.Is that a good place to start?That will take approx 2 yrs to finish.What will i need to become a nurse?so what does medical assistants actually do in hospitals i heard just about anything.I just want to know the steps i will need to take to become a neonatal nurse?Anyone out there that can help?Please?/thanks

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved