The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#78187 - 06/25/06 06:28 AM Any Cursillo members here?
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Just curious if anyone has participated in a Cursillo weekend?

You all seem like you would just really enjoy being part of the Cursillo movement.

Donna

#78188 - 06/25/06 10:59 AM Re: Any Cursillo members here?
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Are you a Cursillista Donna? My uncles were but none of my generation followed through though. If I concentrate really hard, I might just remember the songs.

Lola

#78189 - 06/25/06 11:22 AM Re: Any Cursillo members here?
Lola Offline

Okay, before a "senior moment" sets in...just remembered two: "De Colores" and one that started "The sun is now appearing as the ---- of dawn breaks through"

Lola

#78190 - 06/25/06 05:41 PM Re: Any Cursillo members here?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I made my cursillo in 1976, then was part of the cursillo community for many years. Somewhere in this house I still have the guitar music for both De Colores and that other song - I think it's called Mananita, or something Spanish like that. I really liked the cursillo movement and often wish I could be a part of it again, but no way could I get hubby interested in that right now.

#78191 - 06/25/06 06:14 PM Re: Any Cursillo members here?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Someone explained what this is, please? I'm curious. Just call me Curious Georgia...

JJ

#78192 - 06/25/06 06:17 PM Re: Any Cursillo members here?
Lola Offline

Oh yes, Eagle Heart! Mananita. I remember it was sung before daybreak after a retreat. Is the Cursillo movement still active where you are? I remember only Uncles joined it. The Aunts and Mom were active with the Legion of Mary and Fatima.

#78193 - 06/25/06 06:53 PM Re: Any Cursillo members here?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
De Colores!

I didn't do cursillo, but Emmaus, which is very similar. It changed my life, truly.

Daisygirl

#78194 - 06/25/06 11:01 PM Re: Any Cursillo members here?
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
How great - I was certain that there was some Cursillistas among this group.

Las Mananitas is the song they sing in the morning and all the songs are just wondereful and inspiring just like the weekend.

JawJaw, Cursillo is an amazing experience. It's a weekend of unconditional love and acceptance. You are invited by someone normally from your parish who has made their cursillo. They become your sponsor. They pick you up on thursday night and take you to dinner with a number of other candidates and sponsors. Then they collect cell phones and watches before dropping you off at the retreat place.

At that point the "fun" begins. Thursday night is normally a quiet and peace-filled time where you have quiet time of reflection.

You spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday involved in the most amazing uplifting time of your life. It is all Christ-based and you leave a different person. Each Cursillo weekend is different from another so no one has the exact same experience. However the love that comes through from the talks by the leaders to the friendships you make is just not to be missed.

It doesn't end after those three days. You are encouraged to join a 4th day group in which other cursillistas get together periodically to live in Christ and share and communicate with others.

I highly recommend it - you can check out more about it on http://www.natl-cursillo.org/whatis.html
Donna

de colores

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved