The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#158184 - 08/30/08 08:17 PM from Lola
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola has not been able to get in the forums due to some firewall. She asked that I post this for her:

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign, which said: 'I am blind, please help.' There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way."

What he had written was: "Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it."

#158188 - 08/30/08 08:30 PM Re: from Lola [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I use this story in some of my motivational speeches.

#158196 - 08/30/08 08:59 PM Re: from Lola [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
It's a good story. I see why you use it.

#158198 - 08/30/08 09:03 PM Re: from Lola [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It's beautiful.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#158218 - 08/30/08 10:44 PM Re: from Lola [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I miss reading Lolas beautiful words. Drat that she isn't able to get in anymore. If it were me, I'd lose my mind and I mean that honestly...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160357 - 09/20/08 11:45 AM Re: from Lola [Re: chatty lady]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
No big suprise comming from Dear Lola...it's beautiful and lends to a simple message...just exactly what I needed to read..thaanks Dotsie for posting it and thanks Lola too for passing it on.

Love
Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#160402 - 09/21/08 12:52 AM Re: from Lola [Re: Poppie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
It´s beautiful, Lola..thank you so much!!!!

And Anno..your signature is also beautiful..and very very thoughtworthy. I have read it over and over several times. Thank you,too.

#160714 - 09/23/08 08:05 PM Re: from Lola [Re: humlan]
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
Thanks Lola - your story really touched me. Isn't it interesting how different something is when we look at it from a differnt perspective.

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#163281 - 10/20/08 01:44 PM Re: from Lola [Re: savvygrandmother]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By: savvygrandmother
Thanks Lola - your story really touched me. Isn't it interesting how different something is when we look at it from a differnt perspective.

Absolutely! Today I will look at God's beautiful autumn handiwork and rejoice that I am alive and able to see the splendor of it!

#163327 - 10/20/08 06:55 PM Re: from Lola [Re: Josie]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Great story. Thanks for sharing it, Lola! (and Dotsie).

Do we appreciate enough God's gifts to us: the ability to smell, hear, taste, see and touch?
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved