The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#134769 - 12/13/07 04:01 PM For Those Facing a Blue Christmas
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We're heading out soon and with various trips, family events and other assorted reasons, I probably won't be able to be back here until mid-March. But "out of sight" won't mean "out of mind", especially for all of my sisters who are facing a rough Christmas season this year. I will be carrying all of you in my prayers. My hope and prayer for each woman here is for safe passage through 2008.

I just want to leave you the words to a powerful song that has brought me much comfort and joy lately. It's from an album by Matthew Ward called "My Redeemer". It's a beautiful CD full of powerful healing Christian music (it would make a great gift for someone on your list who's going through cancer [Matthew wrote many of the songs during/after his battle with cancer], grief, loneliness, depression or any difficulty for whatever reason).

God Almighty by Matthew Ward & Annie Herring
from the album “My Redeemer”
( http://proofs.fuor.de/matthewward/ )

Overwhelmed with sorrow, broken
By the pain
I could hear the doubt, falling like the rain
This time it is over, this time you won’t win
While the voice of doubt was calling
I barely heard the truth within

I am watching, watching over you
I am for you, and I will lead you on

Loneliness would cry out, keeping my
Heart bound
I would ache inside, to hear heaven’s sound
Just the smallest whisper, just a word or two
Could let me know, there’s nothing my God
Can’t do

God Almighty, God Almighty – God Almighty
Raised me from the dead

Wounded but not shattered, I was battered
But not lost
Your holy hands were there to guide
Breaking the chains deep inside
Through it all I’ve learned to see just what
You’ve done for me
You’ve given me faith to live again

God Almighty, God Almighty – God Almighty
Raised me from the dead

(Maya Angelou)

#134770 - 12/13/07 04:11 PM Re: For Those Facing a Blue Christmas [Re: Eagle Heart]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Eagle, that was a beautiful reminder that we're all in this world together with its joys and sorrows. You will be thought of often. Merry, merry Christmas, enjoy your wonderful cruise and may God go with you throughout your various activities in the next few months. May 2008 be a gentle and further healing year for you! Take care and God bless you mightily! I will miss seeing you here!

#134771 - 12/13/07 04:51 PM Re: For Those Facing a Blue Christmas [Re: ladyjane]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Eagle, you are so thoughtful and loving...God Bless you. Have a lovely Christmas and a wonderful 2008, hugs xxx

#134773 - 12/13/07 10:30 PM Re: For Those Facing a Blue Christmas [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Bon Voyage Eagle! What? We won't hear from you till mid March!
Wow, that's a long time. You will be missed, that's for sure! Just take good care of yourself, and let your heart and soul soar like an Eagle's heart. Fly with the wind, dear friend, and return whole and happy.

Oh and maybe along the way an internet Cafe' will wink at you, and you can just let us know you are okay.
Hannelore

#134774 - 12/13/07 10:41 PM Re: For Those Facing a Blue Christmas [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, we will miss you soooooooo much. Have a Blessed and Peaceful Christmas and we'll catch up to you in the New Year.

#134775 - 12/14/07 01:44 AM Re: For Those Facing a Blue Christmas [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
What are we going to do with out our HEART? First quarter 2008 is going to be a tougher one...
But we want you to have FUN - do it for us!!!
Blessings and be safe...AND COME BACK!

#134776 - 12/15/07 05:21 PM Re: For Those Facing a Blue Christmas [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sharon, we will hold you in our hearts until you return to us. Enjoy your time away with your dear husband, you deserve this vacation...The card and note were beautiful, thank you.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#134777 - 12/18/07 03:30 PM Re: For Those Facing a Blue Christmas [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm just seeing this. Eagle, safe travels. You will be sorely missed by your BWS sisters. Sending love your way. I'm sure you'll be spreading it throughout your vacations.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved