The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 211 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#121241 - 06/13/07 01:39 PM Psalms 94:19
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The following verse, caught my eye the other night.
"Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer."
It's from The Living Bible, Paraphrased, Reference Edition.
Cool, huh...?

Prayers and blessings,
b. rose

#121242 - 06/13/07 01:44 PM Re: Psalms 94:19 [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It's a winner.

I am doing a little Bible study on my own. I beleive it's called Rising Above Worry and Stress. It's another one of the Women of Faith studies and I love it.

Eagle is also working on another one in the series...

#121243 - 06/13/07 01:54 PM Re: Psalms 94:19
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
"Contagious Joy"...Dotsie had asked me if she thought I was still in too much pain and grief to pursue this one right now, but it's right in line with other discussions here about "thinking better thoughts" and replacing negative focus with positive focus. The grief has been threatening to drag me too far down, so it was time for a deliberate step in the opposite direction.

It IS bringing me renewed hope and quiet cheer, even in the midst of daily struggling to live around this agony of absence.

My prayer these days is for "steadfastness", the ability to maintain hope and equilibrium no matter what emotional turmoil I'm in or how chaotic life gets around me.

(Maya Angelou)

#121244 - 06/14/07 05:24 PM Life's struggles...Re: Psalms 94:19 [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Dotsie and Eagle,
Sometimes it's very difficult to keep a positive attitude midst all the pain and suffering we see around us.
But, I refuse to let the devil bring me down. I comb the Bible for God's promises and pray for the Lord to activate those assurances in my life.
I'm glad to hear your faith is strong!
bonnie rose

#121245 - 06/14/07 09:43 PM Life's struggles...Re: Psalms 94:19 [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
bonnie and Eagle, it is all a choice. I think we're doing our best to choose the spirit of God. With that, we can't go wrong.

#121246 - 07/11/07 01:06 PM Lord, help...
jabber Offline

I've begun to pray this a great deal: "Lord, help me trust you, even when I don't understand you."
I focused on this prayer that was included in a Portal of Prayers study a couple of nights back. There's so much I don't understand! I struggle with why the Lord lets good people suffer. I see the innocent caught up in war and abuse and I see babies mistreated, and I don't understand.
So this prayer is a huge help!

Know what I mean?

Ciao for now,
bonnierose

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved